Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2021 GT500 Base/Handling Pack/HVAC Seats/Carbon Dash/Vinyl Stripes
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

My name is Andy. I live and own a small IT Managed Service Company in Ada, Michigan. I have been a Mustang fanatic since 1988 when I bought my first Mustang - a white 1965 289/C4 coupe. I still have the car and am in process of resto-modding it. I also had a 92 Mustang GT (Green and silver two tone), a white 96 Mustang Cobra and am flying to Oklahoma on Monday with my daughter to drive home my 2021 GT500 (white w/black vinyl pictured below). Pretty excited to be returning to a Mustang after some years of AMG Mercedes and M Performance BMW's. I've learned a ton about the GT500 from Tim's YouTube channel - thanks for that. Ford ought to be paying you a sales commission. I've done a fair amount of research on this forum as well and look forward to sharing and learning more about this machine in the future.

Been wondering what to do with my 1965, but now that I'm adding the GT500, I think I know. I am looking to make it compliment the 2021. Not going to go crazy with power/performance, but clean it up a bit, probably add black stripes to match my recent addition, etc.

·
Registered
2020 GT500 - Handling Package, Technology Package, Recaros, Forgeline
32 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the purchase. I have a white 2020 w/no stripes but your car is making me want to get some!

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Goose17 and Jetfire

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
32,585 Posts
Greetings,

My name is Andy. I live and own a small IT Managed Service Company in Ada, Michigan. I have been a Mustang fanatic since 1988 when I bought my first Mustang - a white 1965 289/C4 coupe. I still have the car and am in process of resto-modding it. I also had a 92 Mustang GT (Green and silver two tone), a white 96 Mustang Cobra and am flying to Oklahoma on Monday with my daughter to drive home my 2021 GT500 (white w/black vinyl pictured below). Pretty excited to be returning to a Mustang after some years of AMG Mercedes and M Performance BMW's. I've learned a ton about the GT500 from Tim's YouTube channel - thanks for that. Ford ought to be paying you a sales commission. I've done a fair amount of research on this forum as well and look forward to sharing and learning more about this machine in the future.

Been wondering what to do with my 1965, but now that I'm adding the GT500, I think I know. I am looking to make it compliment the 2021. Not going to go crazy with power/performance, but clean it up a bit, probably add black stripes to match my recent addition, etc.

View attachment 216715 View attachment 216716
View attachment 216717 View attachment 216718
Fantastic! 🤟 Welcome to the forum and congratulations on scoring a 2021! Glad my videos helped. These cars are fun as hell, but they have a lot of tech that needs to be mastered.

Thanks for introducing yourself and showing us your Mustangs! Please click your upper right avatar/account settings/vehicle details and enter your car year. It then shows under your screen name, which helps in conversations here. We cover multiple years of the GT500 on this forum.

Also, we encourage everyone to put their first name in their signature to make this place more friendly. Holler if you have any forum questions.

·
Super Moderator
5,212 Posts
Welcome, Andy!

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
422 Posts
I wouldn't mod the '65 too much, it's an awesome car in it's own right.

·
Registered
2021 Rapid Red Base Model OT Black Stripes-Pending
39 Posts
Congrats on your new GT500, hope you can make it to some of the shows down here in the Toledo area.

·
Registered
2021 GT500 Base/Handling Pack/HVAC Seats/Carbon Dash/Vinyl Stripes
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Made the trek from Enid, Oklahoma (thanks Stevens Ford) to Grand Rapids, Michigan in my new GT500. Made efforts to keep the tach moving and varying the pressure on the cylinders. 983miles later, I still haven't opened it up much. The car is surprisingly comfortable for a long trip...I have the HVAC seats. The suspension definitely keeps you aware of the crappy (understatement) roads moving around Chicago. I was shocked at the fuel efficiency. I averaged 19.8 to the almost 1000 mile trip running between 65 and 80Mph. MPG's got better as the trip progressed. I thought maybe the lie-o-meter was being optimistic, but hand calculated MPG's matched what the trip computer was advertising. Cruising at 65 I was able to get 22MPG.

I'll be cleaning 1000 miles of bugs off the front end tonight.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
32,585 Posts
Made the trek from Enid, Oklahoma (thanks Stevens Ford) to Grand Rapids, Michigan in my new GT500. Made efforts to keep the tach moving and varying the pressure on the cylinders. 983miles later, I still haven't opened it up much. The car is surprisingly comfortable for a long trip...I have the HVAC seats. The suspension definitely keeps you aware of the crappy (understatement) roads moving around Chicago. I was shocked at the fuel efficiency. I averaged 19.8 to the almost 1000 mile trip running between 65 and 80Mph. MPG's got better as the trip progressed. I thought maybe the lie-o-meter was being optimistic, but hand calculated MPG's matched what the trip computer was advertising. Cruising at 65 I was able to get 22MPG.

I'll be cleaning 1000 miles of bugs off the front end tonight. View attachment 216839
Congrats on the successful trek! Your car is broken in. It’s time to mash the skinny pedal!

Reactions: thesnowback

·
Premium Member
2014 Shelby GT500 Convertible and 2000 Roush Mustang GT Vert
265 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your new baby. Great looking 65 too. My first car was a 65 and I plan on getting another in the near future.

·
Premium Member
2020 Shelby GT500 base + handling pack
734 Posts

I'll be cleaning 1000 miles of bugs off the front end tonight. View attachment 216839
Congrats!

I haven't made a long trip in mine yet but I want to..... That's been my experience with MPG --- steady cruising along I think it gets great gas mileage for what it is -- I avg 17 for my commute driving.

Aggressive driving and track is where it's:

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
422 Posts

I hope you went around Chicago rather than thru. But the roads aren't any better. I make that trek over to IN often (and heading that way to OH on Friday).
If you want bugs, you have to join us on the fun run next ShelbyFest. Then you'll know how many bugs per sq in you can get.

Reactions: DKnight
1 - 13 of 13 Posts