Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When ordering a MGW shifter from a source other than MGW, do all the parts (dynomat, sound deafening material, etc.) that MGW shows on the video on their website come with it?

·
Premium Member
2014 Ruby Red Metallic w/White racing stripes
576 Posts
Yes

·
Registered
54 Posts
I took a few days off and a long weekend to drive there from Detroit and had them install it at their plant. Buy it from them and the install is no charge! Took the long way home via "Tail of the Dragon" (US-129) through N.C. What a blast. The install was perfect. Make an appointment. It's worth it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I took a few days off and a long weekend to drive there from Detroit and had them install it at their plant. Buy it from them and the install is no charge! Took the long way home via "Tail of the Dragon" (US-129) through N.C. What a blast. The install was perfect. Make an appointment. It's worth it.
Bummer. Called MGW. They no longer install at their shop due to liability insurance issues.

·
Premium Member
2008 Vapor/Black Coupe
1,831 Posts
As always, the few ruin it for the many... It's not a bad install though and satisfying when you're done.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Bummer. Called MGW. They no longer install at their shop due to liability insurance issues.
That's a shame. They have (had) a four bay install building with hoists. Very nice, very clean. Took less than an hour and a half. The whole outing was fun. It's been perfect. You'll like it. Short throws, precision feel. I was hoping it'd take care of the 1-2 high speed shift gear clash that came with the car. It didn't, but the Tremec replacement synchro did and that's another story that's been on the forum. This forum is great for that sort of stuff.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just installed mine a few months ago and love it. I took my time and there are some tricky parts, but very satisfying when done. The video on MGW's site that George (owner) did is very detail oriented and steps you through the install very nicely.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts