Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 GT500 Ruby Red
844 Posts
If people start signing up and paying, they will charge. I'll live without their cars.

• Haha
Reactions: AZ21GT500

·
Super Moderator
5,420 Posts
Evan I moved the thread over to the “other vehicles” section. This seems to be trending as a new feature for manufacturers to further stick it to buyers.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
52,809 Posts
Oh hell no! A subscription service for a car you own… nope!

·
Registered
2021 Race Red CFTP
5 Posts
Either....

Mercedes is copying the video game industry and monetizing bling/loot and will fill the car with adds to get you to feel like you are missing out on all these useless software features you could have...I really WANT to be able to have Hello Kitty backgrounds on my digital dash.

Or....they are doing that same thing but they will claim they are being "green", and you are essentially paying a tax for deviating from being "green" by wanting to use more energy to accelerate.

Which....if you follow this line of reasoning to its logical conclusion then the global, utopian marxist-elite government is using mercedes as a front to monetize the habits of evildoers and penalize them for not falling in-line and rejecting the notion that value and morality are solely defined in KWh per individual....

I think I need another beer...

·
Registered
2014 Shelby GT500, SGM, " 1 of 1 "
6,982 Posts
My G/F's 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe came with remote start,....................for 36 months, after that they wanted a monthly fee, $ 9.95 as I remember.
.............................................I put in an aftermarket remote start..

·
Registered
2014 GT500
701 Posts
My 2019 F150 had a remote start that worked from my car phone (my Ford app) that was going be an additional fee after the trial period but they (wisely) changed course and included it for free.

This pay as you go shit is getting old……next they’ll start charging a fee if you want to heat your car above 65 degrees.
New cars will start coming with credit card readers in them like parking meters…..Oh, I see that you’d like to open your sunroof that you paid $2000.00 for……please insert your credit card and pay $1.99 per use.

·
Registered
2011 SVTPP GT500 Convertible, Silver
913 Posts
I had a Genesis G80 which they charged me monthly to "remote start" from my phone. Then I got a Raptor and it was free. With the Genesis, though, I could choose the interior temperature from the phone. It was great when it was 100 degrees outside. The Raptor's isn't a true start, though, the seat ventilation doesn't run and the streering wheel heat doesn't work until I get inside.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts