Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this wax and was extremely impressed. It goes on real easy and an incredible finish/water beading. It's a little pricey- $16 at Wal-Mart, but definitely worth it. What's everyone else use for their babies?:)

·
Registered
67 Posts
I also use NXT 2.0 and like it. It does not last as long (about a month) as some sealants but longer than some carnuba's. I find it easy to work with. They have a new product out called Ultimate Quik Wax that is really great stuff. It was designed to be used after you wash the car to extend your NXT 2.0 or M21 sealant. It really brings the slickness back and can be used on the trim as well. Seems to be more durable that Turtle Wax Ice which doesn't last long at all. Don't use the quik wax as a quick detailer as it is only designed to be used on a clean car.

I should mention that the recommended method to use the new quik wax is to wet down a microfiber cloth with the quickwax as well as add some to the car. Then wipe on a thin coat on the entire car. Let it dry (happens quickly) then wipe off with dry MF. This is different than the back of the bottle but is what is recommended on their forums for a better application.

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
10,069 Posts
I too have been using this wax since it came out about three years ago. The NXT 2.0 is the newer iteration and I'm really pleased with the result. It is easy to apply and remove and keeps the Shelby looking good! I've used about every wax there is over the years and although there are some that may be marginally better, albiet a lot more expensive, I think this is the wax I will stay with for the forseeable future. I do recommend it, highly.

·
Registered
200 Posts
While I've never tried Zaino (I do use their clay), NXT worked great on my black '99 Cobra. Proper preparation is the key. After claying, I would use Auto Magic BC-1, then BC-2 polishers, then seal it with NXT. It really brought out a deep black shine and I've carried this method over to my Shelby as well.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I also use NXT now. I used to use ICE, but NXT is easier to take off and looks great. Haven't tried the quick wax product yet.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Zaino ClearSeal on the "brighter" metallics (like Alloy)

Optimum OptiSeal for the "darker" metallics (Vista Blue)

Pinnacle Souveran for black and red.

Zaino's classic system takes some time and really doesn't take that long to use. I'm just not fond of the plastic-y look it makes darker colors have (black) but durability is great. Zaino Clear Seal gives you 99% of the look and durability but applies a million times faster and easier.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Ive tried about every over-the-counter wax out there, but I haven't got the results until I tried ShowCar. These guys run a detail shop and created their own line of products. All i can say is fantastic. Yes, pricey but WELL worth it. My .02.

http://showcardetail.com/

1 - 12 of 12 Posts