Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if I read on this board or the other boards I have been on but has anyone switched from Justins Map to Evolution Performance map ? I would like to know the difference if any. The reason I ask is Evolution is only 185 miles away from my house and thinking about going up to have some work done. Talking with Fred they want me to use his map since they are going to be doing my work. My car runs great with Justin no complaints at all, but if I change injectors, pulley whatever I will need a new tune. Since I am right there it makes since to have it tuned by them. So anyhow back to my question just wanted to see if anyone switched and if so did they truly see a difference.

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Not sure if I read on this board or the other boards I have been on but has anyone switched from Justins Map to Evolution Performance map ? I would like to know the difference if any. The reason I ask is Evolution is only 185 miles away from my house and thinking about going up to have some work done. Talking with Fred they want me to use his map since they are going to be doing my work. My car runs great with Justin no complaints at all, but if I change injectors, pulley whatever I will need a new tune. Since I am right there it makes since to have it tuned by them. So anyhow back to my question just wanted to see if anyone switched and if so did they truly see a difference.

Thanks,
I was under the impression that Justins was the evolution tune.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I was under the impression that Justins was the evolution tune.
Justin is from VMP, not evo.

I'd really like to see some feedback on the VMP vs. Evo issue as well.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Justin is from VMP, not evo.

I'd really like to see some feedback on the VMP vs. Evo issue as well.

Sorry you are right!I meant JLT and Evolution are the same tune.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Busababy I have Evo's tune but the weather and time has not allowed me to do a comparison between Evo and VMP. Vnmous1 played with several tunes and I believe VMP was one. He settled on Evolutions and is very satisfied. PM him and I am sure he will give you the scoop. Evolution is a quality outfit and if you go with his pulley set up, as I intend to do, I would go with his tune. One note is his limiter is set at 7000RPM where Justin's is at 6500RPM user be ware. No complaints with Justin's tune as my Shelby ran great with it. This time of year is tough for me to focus on anything but work but I do have my momemts. A lift for the garage has been priority number one.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the update. When warm weather comes I will do the same test. I have Justins 93 and 92 octane tune. Will have to get a 93 from Evo and see what is what. I called and talked to Fred I told him I would want the limit set also at 6500. 7K I feel is just twisting the dogs tale a little to hard.

·
Premium Member
11,063 Posts
I had Fred reset mine to 6500. I bounced it off the 7k limit once when the throttle stuck (nothing to do with the tune). Was afraid I'd beat the sh*t out of the bottom end. It's OK but I won't do that again.

Justin's didn't work well for me. I didn't let him tweak it for mine, so I can't say what it really has the potential to do. I can say if I was 3 hours from Evo, this would be a no brainer.

Freds a smart guy and I'm extremely happy with my setup. I'm at about 650 at the flywheel now. SAE at the tires is 560 and change with far more torque that the stock tires will take.

bj

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
We tested many Shelbys with Freds tunes and all were spot on and made great power.
Switching tunes has seem to run rampid as of late.
Jay

1 - 13 of 13 Posts