Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Grabber Blue Gt500
1,264 Posts
Think it is coming for everyone in the future. I am in a critical supply business, pulp, used in sanitary products, surgical gowns, mask etc, so I will be still at work unless someone at the mill test positve, then we will be down for at least two weeks

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 Kona Blue/Silver stripes
4,241 Posts
Anyone buy any corona virus insurance?

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
State of Hawaii announced mandatory 14 day quarantine for anyone arriving starting this Thursday. Residents must quarantine at home visitors must quarantine in their place of rental.
I'm SO glad we fly home on Wednesday. We've made the best of it but ready to get back to my own bed.
Economic effects of this will take a long time to subside...for the world.

·
Premium Member
4,259 Posts
Think it is coming for everyone in the future. I am in a critical supply business, pulp, used in sanitary products, surgical gowns, mask etc, so I will be still at work unless someone at the mill test positve, then we will be down for at least two weeks
We are in the same position as you as we distribute those products. As Tag mentioned, this is crushing our economy. Think about all of those companies deemed non-essential and they will still have all of the expenses with no revenue. Even if it is 30 days, it may put some of them out of business. A friend told me they understand we are trying to flatten the curve. But, it is at the expense of our economy and we will more than likely get the virus a month or two later.

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
We are in the same position as you as we distribute those products. As Tag mentioned, this is crushing our economy. Think about all of those companies deemed non-essential and they will still have all of the expenses with no revenue. Even if it is 30 days, it may put some of them out of business. A friend told me they understand we are trying to flatten the curve. But, it is at the expense of our economy and we will more than likely get the virus a month or two later.
I think you've hit the nail on the head Bob. I was telling my wife the other day that the nice thing about a big spike in people contracting the virus is the total time is relatively short. That means the economy/businesses have a pretty short time of pain where their business isn't performing like it's meant to perform. However, that comes at the expense of overloading the health care system and probably resulting in a higher percentage of deaths. Conversely, flatten the spike extends the total time that people are getting sick. This is good for the healthcare system, but it's tragically problematic for businesses and the people/families who can't work. What should be the priority could be argued but not without acknowledging there is a consequence to both options. Damned if you do, and damned if you don't.

·
Premium Member
7,818 Posts
All we can do is hope for the best .... because it is definitely out of our control. Big concerns about our food supply chain. Not good. :(

·
Registered
2014 GT500 Coupe SGM " 1 of 1 "
3,076 Posts
Same boat in N.J., not sure how long though.
Looking forward to a LEO stopping me & asking where I'm going.
.................( food store, bank, post office, etc. )..

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
9,063 Posts
I think you've hit the nail on the head Bob. I was telling my wife the other day that the nice thing about a big spike in people contracting the virus is the total time is relatively short. That means the economy/businesses have a pretty short time of pain where their business isn't performing like it's meant to perform. However, that comes at the expense of overloading the health care system and probably resulting in a higher percentage of deaths. Conversely, flatten the spike extends the total time that people are getting sick. This is good for the healthcare system, but it's tragically problematic for businesses and the people/families who can't work. What should be the priority could be argued but not without acknowledging there is a consequence to both options. Damned if you do, and damned if you don't.
That's just what I was thinking, Michael. Is this a drastic over reaction by our Federal Govt?

·
Premium Member
4,259 Posts
That's just what I was thinking, Michael. Is this a drastic over reaction by our Federal Govt?
This decision is not by our state, but rather local counties. Our governor is not in favor of shutting down the entire state. I'm concerned the new mayor of KC is trying to climb the political ladder with his decisions and comments.

With this 30 day shelter in place, my wife has told me I better find a whole lot of something to do. Otherwise, I will make her bat sh*t crazy, lol. I am one that cannot sit still for more than a few minutes. Good news is our company is essential and I’ll stay busy at work.

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
This decision is not by our state, but rather local counties. Our governor is not in favor of shutting down the entire state. I'm concerned the new mayor of KC is trying to climb the political ladder with his decisions and comments.

With this 30 day shelter in place, my wife has told me I better find a whole lot of something to do. Otherwise, I will make her bat sh*t crazy, lol. I am one that cannot sit still for more than a few minutes. Good news is our company is essential and I’ll stay busy at work.
And you can do quite a bit of your job remotely and over the phone. It's not quite the same as meeting your clients in person occasionally, but heh, at least you can keep things going.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Yeah, rumors are running rampant on the KCFD. There's talk of 72 hour shifts, followed by 72 off...but nothing cast in stone as of yet, just rumor mill running at 1000 mph. All we can do is hold on and try to remember to support one another as much as possible. Panic breeds more panic.

Side note, I officially reached 26 years on the job yesterday while I was working overtime.

academy gradiation class.jpg

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
30,360 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
If it hadn't been for overtime, I'd have never been able to afford my first Shelby!! Congrats and stay frosty!
I hear that. We've actually been pretty short of guys in my district for months (and this before the Corona virus stuff has hit, so its only going to get worse as time goes on). I use to average about 1 overtime day a month or 12 a year (though I certainly could have gotten a few more easily). In the last six months I've gotten 19 days including yesterday and the GT500 and its mods have definitely played a part in me taking them. I probably could have gotten even more since I was too sick to work for about a two week period at the end of February followed immediately followed by another week where I needed to stay at home to take care of the dog and was unable to work since my wife and daughter were out of town. I'd be surprised if I don't end up with 20-25 overtime days or more this year when this is all said and done.

Hopefully that'll help pay for mods as well as knock down some other bills, but it is every bit as much trying to do my part to assist the public when we can. The money for mods just make it icing on the cake.

·
Premium Member
7,818 Posts
..... overloading the health care system and probably resulting in a higher percentage of deaths.

......but it's tragically problematic for businesses and the people/families who can't work.
I guess it comes down to (1) loss of life VS. (2) loss of money.... tough choice for those in government.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts