Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have tried to keep very positive on the Shelby's & have hung with Ford through thick and thin but now it appears the game is about to change.

This may make people re-think the real truth to what Ford is telling us why are Shelby's are on hold.

My 2nd Shelby a Convertible was built in August about the time it was promised for delivery. Pretty much everything FORD said about why it was being delayed was nothing more than a snow job.

I have contacted Ford as high up the chain as you can go. Its only been a few days so will give them a few more. If no response then the lid will be blown off the SHELBY quality control BS! Come monday or tuesday of next week if Ford does not give me a resolution the shit really will hit the fan big time. Stay Tuned! Lets just say FORD needs to buy my car back!
Do they have a lemon law where you live?

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
GT500

Why all the suspense. Let us know what the issues are.:confused: I am dying to know. Have had some minor issues with mine but nothing of the magnitude you seem to be having. We all feel your frustration but you have alot of things going on that are fueling the moment. Keep a cool head and keep us informed. We are there for you in what ever way we can.;)

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
I expect it.... and what I mean by that is... I have purchased my share of new vehicles and many have been a complete new body style and guess what. I became the test dummy. The first was a 1987 GT mustang that year they changed the whole car... well I had about 6 problems with it 2 major and the rest just a pain in the ass. Ford fixed it.. and the next year my buddy bought one just like me and he had none of my problems ....why because once Ford (or any company) saw the problems they went back to the design engineers and got it fixed. No car company can afford to put out junk it cost them 3 times to fix it than to do it right. So even though I have had not problems I only have 810 miles on mine so it is way to soon. Once reason why putting mods on it is on the back burner would like to make sure of the bugs. Even though the Shelby is just a mustang with different hardware and dash, it is enough different to have bugs. All the R&D and beating it on the track just will not show up everything. So I expect the first one could have some problems, but the next year model or model after that if there is one will be fine. That doesn't help us that have one but owning a small piece of history I can live with some issues.... if to many than the Z06 might be here sooner than I though :) (Just kidding)

·
Registered
483 Posts
What are the issues? First run model yrs. ususally have a few bugs to work out, but ususally nothing drastic.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
GT500Convert Great looking garage. Would like to have one in my back yard. Hope you resolve your issues with Ford and that this is not a sign of things to come. Sounds like one in 9000 to me.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Why all the secrecy? Are you just whining about a bunch of small stuff or a real issue?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Why all the secrecy? Are you just whining about a bunch of small stuff or a real issue?
I thought FORD would work with me on this one but appears they just want to start painting on my $ 55k + Shelby.

Here is the scoop.

My car was built way back in August knowone seemed to know what happened to car once built. FORD simply did not want to discuss. After waiting and waiting and waiting I finally contacted Alan Mullaly's office along with Mark Fields office. I did receive a response from both. Two emails from Mr Mullaly himself then contact from his Secretary.

I also had contact with the Field Operations Distribution manager FLM and the GT500 Marketing Coordinator. Whose names I will not mention at this point. Both these people were great to work with until the car came in and I spotted the problems.

When car was picked up it was very very dirty with 21 miles on it. There was mud stuck in wheel houses etc. A couple days after getting car home I started to clean it up.

I found the entire car was covered in little black spots the same as our New White Ford 500 has that was never taken care of.

Upon closer inspection I found the fit and finish of car to not be of a too high quality. I also found that the drivers side 1/4 had paint work on it with a masking tape line running down center of 1/4 panel. The little black spots that were all over car are now underneath clear on drivers 1/4. This pretty much proves the little black spots were prior to car leaving factory and nothing to do with the Shipment.

There are also dents that appear to be from the manufacturing process in tops of both rear 1/4s.

The hood also appears to have been refinished and the hinge to hood bolts have been messed with because the paint on bolts is all chipped off. The right front fender also appears to have been messed with. Where corner of fender meets the "A" pilar it appears to have overspray. The pass door front to fender fits very poorly with curves not the same. The back of pass door does not match the 1/4 properly.

There is a visible masking tape line on left 1/4 extension.
There is overspray inside of drivers door jamb from the repaint

The windshield says Eng Hold PAINT

Now Ford wants to put more patches in paint that has already been done?

I had planned on never driving car in rain and spent over 20 hrs detailing the undercarriage. Now they want me to drive it in rain to dealer? So they can repaint it? I have seen the work that comes from dealer on paint work and it looks like SHIT>

I paid for a NEW car and thats what I want.

Not a good day here. Looks like its time to contact my attorney.

What really pisses me off is Ford Blatently lied about why it was being held.

First it was stripes then the clutch then just quality assurance hold then nothing. They are trying to blame the problems on the stripe folks.

To anyone who has been waiting a long time for car and it was built a long time ago. Ford is not giving you the straight scoop.

I suppose FORD will again stall as they want me to bring car back in for more pictures. Sure, be happy to when its not raining. They agreed to repaint left 1/4 panel for 2nd time but want more pics of right side. You would think they would send a rep over to inspect this car vs the email pics thing? You would think my dealer after just buying 3 new cars in past year could make the trip over?

I have a 3rd Shelby on order but.................:mad: :confused: :mad: :confused:

Honestly- How many of you folks would like if this was the car YOU ordered?
The biggie is the masking tape mark going down middle of 1/4. How many people are going to believe these are factory screw ups 20yrs from now?

·
Registered
373 Posts
WOW...
:( Sorry to hear that! Best of luck with getting that sorted out!

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Wow, I would not be a happy camper right now! Do not blame you for wanting a replacement and not willing to accept a botch job. Keep us informed as future events unfold. A dismal feeling for folks wondering where there car is that left the plant some time ago! A close inspecition before signing on the dotted line would be in order.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Yeah, I would be pissed about all that. I would probably drive it thru my dealer's storefront window.

BTW...it sounds like you expect these to be worth a good buck someday down the line. Do you really think they will appreciate that much seeing shelby did nothing more than apply his name to it?? I really think the car would be identical to as it is now regardless if Shelby was involved or not.

Not trying to be a jerk....I am truely curious as to whether there will be some value in these vehicles 20-30 yrs. down the road.

·
Registered
257 Posts
GT500Convert...I wouldn't let this go on any longer. I personally would already have had my attorney working this issue...your problems are to numerous to be solved by ANY dealership. It sounds like FORD should buy-back your car and place an expedited order for you to receive a REAL NEW car ASAP!! I was way pissed when my cars front fascia got scratched by the transport carrier, but that was pale in comparison to your cars issues. Dont wait too long...once they receive correspondence with your attorney's letterhead hopefully they'll know you mean business...GOOD LUCK.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Yeah, I would be pissed about all that. I would probably drive it thru my dealer's storefront window.

BTW...it sounds like you expect these to be worth a good buck someday down the line. Do you really think they will appreciate that much seeing shelby did nothing more than apply his name to it?? I really think the car would be identical to as it is now regardless if Shelby was involved or not.

Not trying to be a jerk....I am truely curious as to whether there will be some value in these vehicles 20-30 yrs. down the road.
1268...There are certainly some good investments out there...nobody knows if an 07 GT500 will make the grade and hopefully not too many folks bought them for that purpose. 20-30 years is a long time...probably longer than I've got. Perhaps history will repeat itself though...there are some very expensive Mustangs out there that were produced after 1967 that bear the Shelby name and have become quite collectible, even though Carroll Shelby had little to do with their conception...

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
GT500Convert...I wouldn't let this go on any longer. I personally would already have had my attorney working this issue...your problems are to numerous to be solved by ANY dealership. It sounds like FORD should buy-back your car and place an expedited order for you to receive a REAL NEW car ASAP!! I was way pissed when my cars front fascia got scratched by the transport carrier, but that was pale in comparison to your cars issues. Dont wait too long...once they receive correspondence with your attorney's letterhead hopefully they'll know you mean business...GOOD LUCK.
Trying to be patient but its been nearly a week since I first reported problems. I think my only recourse at this time is to contact my attorney.

Isn't there some type of disclosure law where Ford would have to disclose any prior damage or repairs? Makes you wonder how often they get away with it?

The reason I was not saying what the problems were I was waiting for some type of return call or email from people at FORD. When they ignored my calls and emails for nearly a week I thought I would then say something.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I think as long as the issues happened during production they do NOT have to disclose the issues or methods in which they were resolved. Sounds like yours weren't resovled....:mad:

·
Registered
483 Posts
1268...There are certainly some good investments out there...nobody knows if an 07 GT500 will make the grade and hopefully not too many folks bought them for that purpose. 20-30 years is a long time...probably longer than I've got. Perhaps history will repeat itself though...there are some very expensive Mustangs out there that were produced after 1967 that bear the Shelby name and have become quite collectible, even though Carroll Shelby had little to do with their conception...
Gotcha...thanks for the info.!!

1 - 20 of 102 Posts