Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there much difference between 2 other than model year.. any major improvements, etc..

thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
Is there much difference between 2 other than model year.. any major improvements, etc..

thanks
Not really. Colors and stripe colors. Avail HIDs, Ambient lighting.

New flywheel dampener. Tranny input spline is getting lubed on the 08s. Less chance of tranny/clutch problems

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I haven't followed the GT500 so it's good to know the differences

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks, I haven't followed the GT500 so it's good to know the differences
There is a plethora of info on the web about these cars. The time to search for them could be overwhelming. Some people will give a "do a search" response. Hopefully, the good people on this site will be more understanding than I have seen on others.

The major one to worry about is the tranny issue. There is a thread in this forum about it. read up and see what the issues are. My early 2008 seems to be free of the issue.

Other than that, both years are awesome cars. If you can get your hands on a 2007 at your price, I wouldn't hold back. If your '07 happens to have the issue, people on here can lead in the right direction to get it fixed.

Good luck, hope to see you posting pics of your new GT500 soon.

Kevin

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know about searching been there and done it many a time... there is nothing like getting answers almost immediately from a member of a forum though, I hang out at the ClubCobra forum a lot and the people there are very helpful also.. every once in a while I see someone come back with a SA answer like use the search stupid so you don't use up the band width.. LOL
I probably am a lot older than most here and really appreciate any help some of you younger guys can give.. lets me watch more football

Again thanks all as I was not aware of the tranny issue.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
The 08's got the input shaft and clutch hub lubed during assembly. My 07 got it last week during a tranny and clutch and flywheel install due to the dreaded problem.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts

·
Registered
2,067 Posts

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts