Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ready for first oil change on 2020 GT 500. Is the oil plug plastic like in Bullitts or metal? Should I order spare as I’m always concerned they will mess up. Please confirm amount of oil required and whether you’d go with basic Motorcraft. On oil filter should I get a Ford racing filter and if so part number and where to get. I sold my Bullitt last year so I have 6 Ford performance oil filters for Bullitt if anyone interested. Any suggestions or tips on getting oil change and anything they should be checking out due to experience. Thanks! Appreciate you folks.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
37,092 Posts
Ready for first oil change on 2020 GT 500. Is the oil plug plastic like in Bullitts or metal? Should I order spare as I’m always concerned they will mess up. Please confirm amount of oil required and whether you’d go with basic Motorcraft. On oil filter should I get a Ford racing filter and if so part number and where to get. I sold my Bullitt last year so I have 6 Ford performance oil filters for Bullitt if anyone interested. Any suggestions or tips on getting oil change and anything they should be checking out due to experience. Thanks! Appreciate you folks.
Metal plug, 11.5 quarts, use the Motorcraft filter that has the metal mesh and use my techniques for draining the oil and filter or you’ll end up with oil in your belly pan:

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Metal plug, 11.5 quarts, use the Motorcraft filter that has the metal mesh and use my techniques for draining the oil and filter or you’ll end up with oil in your belly pan:

Excellent! I usually buy an extra oil plug for my parts box and sometimesin glove compartment. Great video. I wish you would publish them on CD’syour maintenance etc. you have done us a great service. Looking forward to Spring! Hope I can get to the event in MO.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts