Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of picking up a Magnaflow catback to up the aggressive nature of the beast. I really like the sound of part# 16674 (3" tubing w/ 4"tip). Anything I need to modify and/ or order along with this to get the xpipe and catback to couple?

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd.asp?zone=all&id=1018#

I would love to get an entire exhaust system but don't have the funds :boohoo:

Edit: added sound clip

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I'm thinking of picking up a Magnaflow catback to up the aggressive nature of the beast. I really like the sound of part# 16674 (3" tubing w/ 4"tip). Anything I need to modify and/ or order along with this to get the xpipe and catback to couple?

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd.asp?zone=all&id=1018#

I've got the 3" Magnaflow. Love 'em. But I also have AR LT headers and catted x-pipe.

I'm pretty sure the Magnaflow cat-back will bolt right up to the stock x-pipe. It goes down to 2.5" at the mounting point.

Check out Evolution Performance. They sell the 3" Magnaflow for $700 vs. the $861 listed in your linked page.

·
Registered
5 Posts

magnaflow

I have the magnaflow and love it, they are cheaper on ebay but I wanted a warranty (the salt on the roads here in winter kills an exhaust) so I got it here magnaflow 16674, or you can try one of the vendors magnaflow exhaust, they are always running sales/specials. either way its a great system and very easy to install.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was able to get a hell of a deal on 15883. I have a few questions though. What is the stock diameter of the exhaust? Am I helping/hurting power production considering these are only 2.5" in diameter vice 3".

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was able to get a hell of a deal on 15883. I have a few questions though. What is the stock diameter of the exhaust? Am I helping/hurting power production considering these are only 2.5" in diameter vice 3".

Thanks guys.

Anyone?

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks 6-speed. Any idea on performance gains? This kit ups the 4.6 11 hp/14 torque.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts