Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was interested in this system and was hoping for feedback form owners that have it on their own cars-thanks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
It depends. If it's just sound you're after then just go with Magnaflows muffler deletes. If it's all out power then go with the 3'' 16674 and long tubes. With out long tube this 3'' stuff is VERY quiet. I lost a good chunk of change selling off my 3'' stuff to just go with the magnaflow deletes and couldn't be happier. If I didn't live in Cali I just would have gone long tubes and kept the 3'' though. let me get my 4 post in and I'll give you a sound clip.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the sound clips- I'm looking more for performance than loud. In terms of sound, i'd just want to get a little louder than stock- Charlie

·
Registered
246 Posts
I'd go with the FRPP/Borla mfg. SVT-1 mufflers over the Magnaflow.

The SVT-1 is deeper and doesn't have the raspy sound of the regular Magnaflows. They also don't have the popping on decel like the Magnaflows, which sometimes can be short an pronounced instead of a low-muted rumble. To me the Magnaflows are much too quiet on accel compared to how raspy and poppy they eventually are...so the FRPP SVT-1 is a much better choice to me...just look for and listen to EVERY video clip you can find and you'll see what I mean.

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
Very informative video/audio, your efforts are appreciated. Fortunately my exhaust was modified by the previous owner of my car and I'm pretty happy with the sound of the 3" pipes, high flow cats and magnaflow (or flowmaster) 44's. I have no receipts for them but I know the seller told me they were 44's and I can't remember which manufacturer they were from. Its great to be able to hear the difference between the other options that are out there in the marketplace. Every little bit of information helps for new GT500 owners like me. Keep up the great work guys.

I'm still undecided on which CAI and tune to go with and will be using any info I can get on this site to make my decision. Any advise would be appreciated in that I don't want to lose my factorty warranty until after my clutch/flywheel has been replaced. So far the clutch feels fine and is not exhibiting any of the listed symptoms, but the car only has 800 miles on it. Would a simple replacement of the CAI make a positive difference at this time without changing the tune so I can retain my factory warranty? If so, what are the pros and cons of one brand of CAI versus another, and the cheapest source for the parts? Is there a dealer tune for the CAI that would help me out and not cause my factory warranty to be voided on any other items that may need service later?

Thanks in advance for the help. I'm no stranger to doing mods myself and adapting things to fit that arn't perfect right out of the box. Its just that I am new to this particular vehicle since I switched over from getting a new Camaro on short notice, and I have not been doing my homework on the GT500 since I had not planned on getting one so soon. Any help would be appreciated. I have no intention of racing the car other than when a manly type event requires my vehicle to show its full potential at a local stoplight for a short duration. After which I shut off the headlights, make a few quick turns and quietly dissapear into the maze of residential areas where I drive the speed limit and blend in with normal vehicular traffic (speed is your weapon, and stealth is your savior).

All advice on this question will be greatly appreciated. Thank you all very much.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pretty sure that CAI without tune gives you a too lean condition on Air/fuel ratio.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Absolutely NEVER install a CAI on this car without a tune. This will cause an over-lean condition and engine damage. You can get away with it on n/a engines but a s/c engine needs a tune.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Click on the vid in my signature to hear the Magnaflow 3" catback with matching off road x-pipe and longtubes.

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
Thanks for the warning on the CAI....you caught me just in time.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Guys, Does Anybody Have A Sound Clip With Magnaflow Catted X Pipe And The 3" With Stock Header? Also Dyno #? Do You Notice A Performance Differance?

Thanks, I Have Thought About This Set Up. I Know That The Kenne Bell First Article Said That The Only Exhast Restriction Issue Was The Catts.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts