Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 GT500
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don’t know how I stumbled across this company but they made a beautiful replica.
They take an 07-14 GT500 and make it into a 67-69 GT500

I was really curious so I emailed them. I almost choked when they said their starting price is $195,000

·
Premium Member
2014 Shelby GT500 Convertible and 2000 Roush Mustang GT Vert
265 Posts
Wow! Beautiful car, but I think I would stick with a vintage Shelby for that price.

·
Registered
2013 GT500 SVTPP w/TP
19 Posts
does the cost include the donor car, or do you need to supply that? if the latter, way too expensive and also better options out there, including official Eleanor builds

·
Premium Member
2020 Shelby GT500 base + handling pack
734 Posts
I think i saw one of these at work several years ago.
If not, it was a similar design, take a new one, make it look like an old one.

Stunning, but $$

·
Premium Member
2008 GT500
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The price included the donor car. I was telling them that I already have the donor car and just wanted to have the body work done.
My supercharger wouldn’t fit under that hood anyway.
They told me that the body seams wouldn’t hold up for racing so it’s purely cosmetic.
I agree, you could build a true 67-69 for much cheaper if you found a good chassis

·
Premium Member
4,214 Posts
I've never been on the Eleanor bandwagon. For me, the movie would've been a helluva lot more compelling if the star car was a Shelby that actually looked like a geniune/valuable/real Shelby.

Instead, it looked like just another Hollywood Frankenstein fake-a-roonie.

So with that said, yep, just leave the modern bodywork be, or go buy or build a genuine 67-68 Shelby (1969 Shelby is an entirely different looking beast).

Reactions: cpcycles

·
Premium Member
2008 GT500
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've never been on the Eleanor bandwagon. For me, the movie would've been a helluva lot more compelling if the star car was a Shelby that actually looked like a geniune/valuable/real Shelby.

Instead, it looked like just another Hollywood Frankenstein fake-a-roonie.

So with that said, yep, just leave the modern bodywork be, or go buy or build a genuine 67-68 Shelby (1969 Shelby is an entirely different looking beast).
Nicolas Cage ruined it for me anyway hahaha

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Suffers from the same issue these frankenstein cars always have, the tall sides that requre deep side skirts and weird rear bumpers to mask the chassis underneath.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts