Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone installed the M-5230-SVT1 axleback mufflers. Looking for something a little louder than stock with finished tip

Lloyd

·
Registered
267 Posts
I went with the M-5230-SGT ... They sit perfectly flush with the rear valance and the sound is great... Just my $.02

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how much louder are SGT over stock. They resemble the Borla in appearance. I've heard the Borlas, a liitle too loud for me. The GT40 satisfies my need for really loud. I want just a llittle more rumble with gt500.

LLoyd

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
how much louder are SGT over stock. They resemble the Borla in appearance. I've heard the Borlas, a liitle too loud for me. The GT40 satisfies my need for really loud. I want just a llittle more rumble with gt500.

LLoyd
I have Magnaflow ovals (they make a round one too). Mine are too quiet for most people...just a notch louder than stock. I love 'em.

Dave

·
Registered
267 Posts

LLoyd
They are definitely louder than stock... IMO these are the perfect sound.. Not overly loud.. I have heard the SVT's and they are a little louder than stock but not by much.. These have a nice deep rumble.. Muscle car sound..

·
Registered
888 Posts
I have Magnaflow ovals (they make a round one too). Mine are too quiet for most people...just a notch louder than stock. I love 'em.

Dave
That's what I have, too. I am happy with them.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got my m5230svt1 today. Spec says the tip is 3.5 " i measure 4". Any issues with a 4" tip in the rear valance cutouts. The car is in storage i won't be able to get to the car until Saturday. They sure look great, high quality. I guess its true you get what you pay for. These puppies aren't cheap.

LLoyd

·
Registered
267 Posts
Not at all on the 4" clearance... I have the SGT's ... The best thing about these and the SGT's are that they are going to sit perfectly flush with the rear valance... No sticking out at all..... Enjoy em'...

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Installed and they look great. The sound is perfect, nice rumble at idle and a mild increase in volume while driving. I just got tired of the GT500 sounding like my wifes Volvo. 4" tips really look great. Just a heads up there are installation instruction under the foam in the box. They explain an the easy way to install them by removing the intermediate pipes between the x pipe and the muffler. Once that pipe is out the mufflers slide off the hangers. Without the instructions one might make the mistake of removing the hangers, Very tight quarters and almost impossible to remove the old mufflers. It is even more difficult to put them back. I can vouch this is not the way to install them. I found the directions after everything was installed.
LLoyd

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Installed and they look great. The sound is perfect, nice rumble at idle and a mild increase in volume while driving. I just got tired of the GT500 sounding like my wifes Volvo. 4" tips really look great. Just a heads up there are installation instruction under the foam in the box. They explain an the easy way to install them by removing the intermediate pipes between the x pipe and the muffler. Once that pipe is out the mufflers slide off the hangers. Without the instructions one might make the mistake of removing the hangers, Very tight quarters and almost impossible to remove the old mufflers. It is even more difficult to put them back. I can vouch this is not the way to install them. I found the directions after everything was installed.
LLoyd
I just installed my SVT1's. Just love the sound! I'm also glad I read your post about installing them. I probably wouldnt have taken the intermediate pipes off since I'm not much for reading the instructions first. That would have been kinda tough putting them on.

·
Registered
611 Posts
So, which is louder m5230svt1 or M-5230-SGT?

Is there any drone with either one?

tia

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
I read one comment from someone that started with the 5GT but found them very loud with a very loud drone. He changed to the SGT and found them to be much quieter but with a slight drone. He keep the SGT's.

·
Registered
202 Posts

LLoyd
They are made in the same factory as the Borlas. They are the Borla's, only less expensive. We took ours for our oil change to Apple Valley Ford. When they were done, they fired her up inside. The whole place stopped to listen. It was hilarious! Deffinitely loud, but I like it that way!

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=7707

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am VERY pleased with them! They went on PERFECTLY, no bending, forcing at all:roller:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Installed the M-5230-SVT1 axle back this afternoon. Only took about 45 minutes. Was not as loud as I was hoping. I guess I was used to the sound of bassani pipes on an '03, but I think I can live with them. They look nice and the sound is much better than stock.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts