Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

M-5230-sgt Anyone ??

3K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  yenrod 
#1 · (Edited)
M-5230-sgt Sound Clip Anyone ??

I know this has been talked about over and over but I can not seem to find any soundclips of the SGT's .Some say they are queiter some don't.. I can get a really good deal on these but do not want to get if the sound is not there.... Can anyone chime in and help me out with their opinion and also maybe a soundclip.... Come on guys... Help a fellow brother out... Thanks, Lee

#2 ·
I know this has been talked about over and over but I can not seem to find any soundclips of the SGT's .Some say they are queiter some don't.. I can get a really good deal on these but do not want to get if the sound is not there.... Can anyone chime in and help me out with their opinion and also maybe a soundclip.... Come on guys... Help a fellow brother out... Thanks, Lee

Hey brother,shake my brain a little.Are these the original cat backs or are these the newer ones?

#3 ·

Leo,
Go here.I posted this 1.5 years ago.Is this what you are talking about?Look at post #5.

http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217&highlight=axle+backs

#4 ·
Are you talking about the 49 state legal FFRP axle backs or the 50 state legal? I went with the 50 state legal since I didn't want to sound like a Harley as the 49 state legal was advertised. I have been very pleased with them and there is no drone. It's loud when you punch it but quite enough that I can still hear my wife screaming.:D

#5 ·
07 SHELBY,
No, the m-5230-5gt are not the same as the SGT.... For some reason the 5GT's are said to be for the mustang gt and the SGT are said to be for the GT500 ... But I have heard that the SGT's are not as loud as the 5GT's and I just wanted to make sure... If you look on the FRPP website they have the SGT's listed at about $779.00 .... And FGHTRPILOT yes they are the 49 state legal ones...

#6 ·
Anyone ???? TTT

#7 ·
So does anyone have a soundclip of the SGT's on their car ??? There is no soundclip of these on you tube or anywhere for that matter... ??? anyone ???

#10 ·
Venrod,
Cool... Mine will be here tomorrow....

#12 ·
Don't have a sound clip, but I have them on mine and they sound great! Some noticeable droning between 65-78 mph in 6th gear, but hey, I love the sound!

#13 ·
And you definitely can't beat the way the tips come perfectly flush with the rear valance... That's the look that I wanted.... As far as the droning .. you take the looks with the bad....

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.