·
Registered
2021 GT500 Base Rapid Red
245 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 GT500 HE
447 Posts
Galvanic corrosion can be a serious problem. It occurs when moisture is present. Much worse if salt is thrown into the mix. It all depends on where you live and the conditions you drive in. There are specific antisieze types for titanium. The ones I’ve used are copper colored.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
52,796 Posts
I coated all the studs with ARP anti-seize to avoid any possibility of one lug nut galvanically (?) welding itself to the stud.
Did you reduce the torque to something below 150 ft-lbs?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Got them today, 2 days after ordering. They look good! I pulled one out and inspected it. I found a couple small stringers (maybe 1/4" long but super thin) but only on the last thread, not a big deal and not uncommon.I usually inspect everything because I come from machine shops and can't avoid it!
Product Font Material property Rectangle Auto part

·
Super Moderator
5,361 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 GT500
569 Posts
Wait till the non anti seize guys jump on and tell you how your wheels will fall off because the anti seize magically unthreaded the lug nuts 😂
So far so good, Tim and it's been five or six months.

Did you reduce the torque to something below 150 ft-lbs?
Yes, I stepped down to 125#.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
52,796 Posts
Wait till the non anti seize guys jump on and tell you how your wheels will fall off because the anti seize magically unthreaded the lug nuts 😂
So far so good, Tim and it's been five or six months.

Yes, I stepped down to 125#.
It wasn’t me that said the “non anti-seize guys.”

Good idea reducing the lug torque!

Reactions: GTabusa

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
It wasn’t me that said the “non anti-seize guys.”

Good idea reducing the lug torque!
This is one of those debates thats really close to the “what oil should I use thread” 😂
Theres a lot more at play than when people think “if the manuf wanted me to do it, they would have said so. They’re always looking out for my best interest.”

Who knows? I might use anti seize AND torque to 150ft lbs

·
Registered
245 Posts
This is one of those debates thats really close to the “what oil should I use thread” 😂
Theres a lot more at play than when people think “if the manuf wanted me to do it, they would have said so. They’re always looking out for my best interest.”

Who knows? I might use anti seize AND torque to 150ft lbs
Actually, I thought torque recommendations change based on whether a thread is lubricated, but I forgot if it was SAE or ASME that it came from. It's something I have to look at when I spec it in my designs. Take a look at it, if your curious.

Reactions: Goose17 and GTabusa

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
Actually, I thought torque recommendations change based on whether a thread is lubricated, but I forgot if it was SAE or ASME that it came from. It's something I have to look at when I spec it in my designs. Take a look at it, if your curious.
I hear you. I guess my point was. It’s way more scientific than most would care to dive into. I’m sure it depends on lots of anti seize variables.
What type?
How much did you put on?
What Type of brush did you use?
Did you coat the entire length of the lug…. Etc.
My point is to be really scientific about it there are tons of variables. For 99.9% of people it would never matter.
Most people here would be surprised if they took a TQ wrench to every lug nut after they had work done at any shop on any Normal car (Dealers etc. ) and saw what the TQ values were. Usually it’s not good.

·
Registered
2021 GT500
1,079 Posts
I ran across these in CJ Ponies and figured I’d ask if anyone has used them?

I got a set of Gorilla lug nuts from discount tire, I do not like the factory Ford lug nuts and swap them out on every car I buy.

·
Registered
'22 HE CFTP + TP | ATL GA, USA
189 Posts
Vossen 7075 cold forged lugs is what I landed on. About 200 bucks for a full set w/ locks. They weigh the same as TI and they have floating steel seats that cost extra with Raceng. I think the pricing on the Raceng is highway robbery imho and even though I can swing it, I just won’t. Can think of many other cooler things to drop 800+ bones on.
Would these work on a CFTP with aftermarket wheels?

·
Registered
2022 GRABBER BLUE TRACK PACK
938 Posts
if anyone can point me to the following i'd appreciate it, i need 20 of these...

-14x1.5
-acorn 60 deg
-35mm length
-open ended

the hard part is the 35mm length (1.38")...cant seem to locate that size in addition to the other parameters i mentioned. i have a set of signature titaniums but they dont work well with my current set up as i dont want/need staggered lugs. if i cant find 35mm length i'll just stick with my current 48mm (1.9") lugs which look all right. but wouldn't mind slightly shorter ones.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Vossen 7075 cold forged lugs is what I landed on. About 200 bucks for a full set w/ locks. They weigh the same as TI and they have floating steel seats that cost extra with Raceng. I think the pricing on the Raceng is highway robbery imho and even though I can swing it, I just won’t. Can think of many other cooler things to drop 800+ bones on.
These?
I'm assuming these will work on a 2022 Base 500
35mm, M14x1.5

·
Registered
361 Posts
if anyone can point me to the following i'd appreciate it, i need 20 of these...

-14x1.5
-acorn 60 deg
-35mm length
-open ended

the hard part is the 35mm length (1.38")...cant seem to locate that size in addition to the other parameters i mentioned. i have a set of signature titaniums but they dont work well with my current set up as i dont want/need staggered lugs. if i cant find 35mm length i'll just stick with my current 48mm (1.9") lugs which look all right. but wouldn't mind slightly shorter ones.
These are advertised as 35mm 🤷
They're what I'm thinking of grabbing

41 - 60 of 71 Posts