Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,551 Posts
Congrats!! I've honestly never pushed a vehicle beyond the 100K mark. I was close with my 1988 GT convertible, and was already planning the celebration, but while racing out in front of Gainesville Raceway (that's what we did after the track closed down, we just moved out front and kept-a-goin'..), I let a friend race against a Nova (I had already cracked a few beers), and he lost control at 100 mph and put it backwards into a tree. He was fine. Car was totalled. Odometer was at 99,871. She didn't quite make it.. :(

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats!! I've honestly never pushed a vehicle beyond the 100K mark. I was close with my 1988 GT convertible, and was already planning the celebration, but while racing out in front of Gainesville Raceway (that's what we did after the track closed down, we just moved out front and kept-a-goin'..), I let a friend race against a Nova (I had already cracked a few beers), and he lost control at 100 mph and put it backwards into a tree. He was fine. Car was totalled. Odometer was at 99,871. She didn't quite make it.. :(
I have some great memories in Gainesville. love the track there. We did many fast Ford weekends and gator nationals.
That sucks about the car, glad your friend was okay.

·
Registered
329 Posts

Welcome to the 100K club. I document my mileage like a pencil mark on a wall as the kids grow up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts