Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08 vert and I just want to lower it. I am not going to race it I already have turbo Mach1 I drag race. I was looking at the Steeda lowering springs, but I also saw a number of other suspension options posted on other threads. As mentioned just interested in lowering the stance sits too high in the rear.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I was about to post the same question... I have a vert too, I am not sure why it sits so high in the rear, I just looking to lower almost even with the front.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I'm not a vert person but I think if you search the site that several vert owner's have done the FRPP springs.:zlurking:

·
Registered
658 Posts
I have a vert, and the FRPP springs did the trick. I never installed the front ones. Just installing the rear leveled the car perfectly.
The rear fell about 1 1/4 inches, also got rid of the wheel hop.
If you do this mod in the rear, look at the car before you put the front ones in, you might not want to do the front.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks I hadn't seen anyone else that just replaced the rear springs and it fixed it along with eliminating the wheel hop.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have a vert, and the FRPP springs did the trick. I never installed the front ones. Just installing the rear leveled the car perfectly.
The rear fell about 1 1/4 inches, also got rid of the wheel hop.
If you do this mod in the rear, look at the car before you put the front ones in, you might not want to do the front.
Joe.... is that all you did is replace the springs to get rid of the hop? and Did it also effect the quality of the ride?

·
Registered
240 Posts
I replace my vert rear springs with coupe springs and dropped the rear of my car quite a bit. It probably would have leveled it if I was not running such a tall tire. Got the springs from a 40th conversion friend for free.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Joe.... is that all you did is replace the springs to get rid of the hop? and Did it also effect the quality of the ride?
I did cut 2 knobs off of the bump stops (snubbers) and it rides just fine. I have not done any other suspension mods yet. I will be doing the upper and lower ca's soon

·
Registered
103 Posts
I replace my vert rear springs with coupe springs and dropped the rear of my car quite a bit. It probably would have leveled it if I was not running such a tall tire. Got the springs from a 40th conversion friend for free.
Wait a second, this is like connect-a-dots for me, so the vert and coup have different spings?.... Did it help with the hop?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Yes verts have different springs and sway bars than the coupes. The coupes are lighter so they don't have as much weight to hold up. I expect my coupe springs may settle down a little more than they are now as well. The front and rear sway bars are smaller on the verts than they are on the coupes. The coupes are set up to be more aggressive in handling than the verts, which were intended primarily to be cruisers.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yes verts have different springs and sway bars than the coupes. The coupes are lighter so they don't have as much weight to hold up. I expect my coupe springs may settle down a little more than they are now as well. The front and rear sway bars are smaller on the verts than they are on the coupes. The coupes are set up to be more aggressive in handling than the verts, which were intended primarily to be cruisers.
Thanks for the info.... very helpful....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts