Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Did some work this weekend, not too hard, but did have some sweat and blood, nothing a few beers couldn't fix. Installed Steeda sport (convertible) springs with Tockio D-specks, also Steeda heavy duty strut mounts, BMR adjustable panhard bar, and finally some BMR LCA relocators. I need to weld the relocators soon and the adjust the pinion angle before I head to the strip.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Wow, that's a lot of work. It looks great!

How's it ride?

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rides better than stock. A little stiffer but not bad considering how mushy and bouncy the OEM springs/shocks felt. Corners better, and most of all it BITES hard on launches. I have to relearn how to shift now since there is no hopping, bouncing or spinning every time I try to get on it. Yes it was alot of work, but with Advil and some brewskies I managed to get through it with out killing myself.

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks great! Any tips on the installation. I plan to do the same in the near future.
If you plan on goin it alone get a good spring compressor, NAPA has a few around 40-50 bucks up to $150, get the ones that clamp on the outside. It is fairly simple, used the impact wrench and took me maybe 30 minutes to change out both springs.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Looking good!!!!! I'm glad to hear you done the work yourself. nice

·
Registered
986 Posts
Car looks awesome!

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
:lol:

You seem to like bringing up really old threads.

-

·
Registered
235 Posts
If you plan on goin it alone get a good spring compressor, NAPA has a few around 40-50 bucks up to $150, get the ones that clamp on the outside. It is fairly simple, used the impact wrench and took me maybe 30 minutes to change out both springs.
Since its brought back up, might as well aslo say that at some autoparts stores like Autozone they rent the spring compressors. The ones that also go on the outside. $50 deposit charge on your card but credited back when you return it. It does make life so much easier and alot safer too!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts