Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped by Woody Anderson Ford in Huntsville AL last night. I was met by a very unfriendly, sarcastic and rude salesman. When I asked him about the Shelbys he had coming he told me that he had six and all of them would be put on the floor for six weeks apiece. At the end of the six weeks the car would go to the highest bidder. I don't think I would buy a car there but I wanted to let everyone know what their plan was.

Also he told me that Ford was now only going to make 5400 Shelbys. Has anyone else heard this or was he just blowing smoke?

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
I stopped by Woody Anderson Ford in Huntsville AL last night. I was met by a very unfriendly, sarcastic and rude salesman. When I asked him about the Shelbys he had coming he told me that he had six and all of them would be put on the floor for six weeks apiece. At the end of the six weeks the car would go to the highest bidder. I don't think I would buy a car there but I wanted to let everyone know what their plan was.

Also he told me that Ford was now only going to make 5400 Shelbys. Has anyone else heard this or was he just blowing smoke?

I wouldn't buy 1 there either.That is not true.

·
Banned
70 Posts

OK. you say this guy at the dealer was a salesman?....let me tell you what most of us have learned about salesmen....THEY DONT KNOW CRAP!!!!!!!...i feel better now

·
Registered
221 Posts
OK. you say this guy at the dealer was a salesman?....let me tell you what most of us have learned about salesmen....THEY DONT KNOW CRAP!!!!!!!...i feel better now
+1 I'm surprised he didn't say 5465! You know, a little more false precision to his BS.

Ford originally stated '07 production plan to be 7,000 (limited by Tremec TR6060 production)
Then Ford upped it to 9000 (believed to be same constraint)
Then Ford said "is set at 10% of production" (that means 12,000-15,000!)

My GUESS is that the 10% was not stated as a number because Tremec's capacity might not permit getting to the 10%. But Tremec is expandig 6060 production and the 6060 is the new gold-standard 6spd (and will bve spec' by the coming 'vette).

Ford has also said that they'll make GT500s 'until everyone who wants one gan get one.' Not sure exactly what that means, but it seems clear there will be well over 9,000 made in '07.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't catch the guys name, he had some kind of silly plastic sherriff star covering up his tag, but I looked him up on their web site today. His name is David Mason and he is the new car manager. He was very adamant about just getting off the phone with someone at Ford who had told him production would be limited to 5400. I think he may have gotten upset with me when I told him I wouldn't buy into his bidding game.
Basically he was just a real A**hole. My girlfried even commented that he was way too rude, and she thinks everyone is nice!

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
I didn't catch the guys name, he had some kind of silly plastic sherriff star covering up his tag, but I looked him up on their web site today. His name is David Mason and he is the new car manager. He was very adamant about just getting off the phone with someone at Ford who had told him production would be limited to 5400. I think he may have gotten upset with me when I told him I wouldn't buy into his bidding game.
Basically he was just a real A**hole. My girlfried even commented that he was way too rude, and she thinks everyone is nice!
I think your girlfriend is right.I work there and I am telling you we are making 9,000 in 2007,2008 and 2009.You know how you can tell he is lying?His lips are moving!...............................07.........................

1 - 6 of 6 Posts