Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2021 GT500
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I was installing some rear subframe bushings/guides and noticed that the driver side control arm bushing appeared to be rolled in at the dust seal. Car has less than 700 miles on it, is this an issue I should have the dealer look at?

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
35,367 Posts
Hi all,
I was installing some rear subframe bushings/guides and noticed that the driver side control arm bushing appeared to be rolled in at the dust seal. Car has less than 700 miles on it, is this an issue I should have the dealer look at?

Hadn’t seen that before Ryan. Yes, I would hit up the dealer for warranty work.

·
Registered
2021 GT500
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah nevermind, I'm a dumbass. I checked the passenger side to find it's identical...then I realized that yeah, the dust seals probably look off because the rear suspension is 100% unsupported with no wheels right now. I jacked up the control arm to ride height and voila no issues. Please ignore me :)

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
35,367 Posts
Ah nevermind, I'm a dumbass. I checked the passenger side to find it's identical...then I realized that yeah, the dust seals probably look off because the rear suspension is 100% unsupported with no wheels right now. I jacked up the control arm to ride height and voila no issues. Please ignore me :)

Ahhhh… all good! Thanks for reporting back. This is how we all learn. 🍻

1 - 4 of 4 Posts