Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any other 9-second GT500s out there besides the Evolution car? Better yet, are there any known low-mid-high 10-second GT500s. I haven't heard of any besides Evolution's and at the same time there are a lot of mid-500 RWHP GT500s.

Where are they and what is the current E.T. norm?

Thanks

flipmo

·
Registered
806 Posts
I think the Texas Hor Rod might be able to perform near those levels. They are producing about the same dyno Numbers.

·
Registered
861 Posts
ftkustomz.com has a lot of work done to it. There web site is not up to date with the mods on there gt500. From what the guy was telling me and what he has done to the car he should be in the 10's.....but he also said that he keeps tearing up rearends and braking suspension parts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ftkustomz.com has a lot of work done to it. There web site is not up to date with the mods on there gt500. From what the guy was telling me and what he has done to the car he should be in the 10's.....but he also said that he keeps tearing up rearends and braking suspension parts
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!!!:eek: That's what I'm most afraid of (keep rebuilding and fixing stuff). I use to use an online calculator that would factor weight, horsepower and torque ratings to come up with an estimated E.T.; however, I can't find it. Dang, it was pretty kool also.

Does anyone know about this online calculator I'm talking about?

flip

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have run 11.4 and that was before I changed rear suspension or installed 373s. I plan to make another trip to the track in a few weeks with some ET streets and hopefully will hit high 10s.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
I have run 11.4 and that was before I changed rear suspension or installed 373s. I plan to make another trip to the track in a few weeks with some ET streets and hopefully will hit high 10s.

Go get em John.He has an awesome ride.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know of any other 9-second GT500s out there besides the Evolution car? Better yet, are there any known low-mid-high 10-second GT500s. I haven't heard of any besides Evolution's and at the same time there are a lot of mid-500 RWHP GT500s.

Where are they and what is the current E.T. norm?

Thanks

flipmo
I saw one here in New England a week ago, a white one with e KB sc, ran 10.9 at 130, it was fun ford weekend

·
Registered
52 Posts
If you work it you will do better than high 10's :)

Conditions matter a lot but I hit 10.991 and was trapping 133+ at the end of last year. The new set up will be a lot faster if i can drive it and you will likely drop a bit more power than me given the rebuild etc.

I'm on the hunt for some taller tires then I'll be at the track. Right now May 9th is my planned 1st day back but I need to figure out the tires or I'll be there on my street tires.

·
Premium Member
11,063 Posts
[email protected] on stock (Goodyear) F1s. Mods were 3.73, 2.6" pulley, CAI, Lund tune. That was with a 2.00+ 60'!! No bite.

Having a set of BFG KDW drag radials installed in the morning. They only make 275s and 295s in 18" (that come close to our stock sizes). I have stock size KDWs now and would have loved to matched the size. Unfortunately I had to do the 275s. 295s require 10" + rims. I COULD have used them but would have had the normal problems with too wide of tire for a particular wheel and I'd rather not deal with them.

I'll let you know how they do!

bj

1 - 16 of 16 Posts