Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I got the glass tinted... excellent job from Trick Trucks and Cars here in Winchester, Va. They have been tinting my vehicles for 10 years now. Also have the side window louvers on. Had them painted at a local body shop, another place I have deal with for 10 years or so. Anyhow the picture quality is not that great did it with a camera phone because left my digital camera at the girl friends house. But I figured poor pictures were better than no pictures.... you will get the idea. Will take some later this weekend.

You will also notice the bottom rocker panels have been removed.. Had them taken off today to get painted since FORD didn't do it :( (Don't get me started about that )

Anyhow hear are some pictures.

http://www.flairphoto.com/louver1.jpg
http://www.flairphoto.com/louver2.jpg
http://www.flairphoto.com/louver3.jpg

·
Registered
36 Posts
That really looks good. I would like to see a pic of your car when you get the rockers back as I have been considering that also.
Oh, and I hate your garage. ;)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Looks great Busa!
The louvers add an excellent look.
I'm glad you are doing all this stuff cause I will know what to do and not do when my comes.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Busababy,
Your ride looks great.You are right they do look good,very good.

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well one thing about me which if you knew my past is that I call a spaid a spaid. If I get anything for the beast and it is shit I will let everyone know because I don't want others making the same mistake. The louvers if you like that sort of thing look good... are they wrong for the Shelby well yes in a way they should have scoops on the rear window..BUT the scoops 100% make the window useless and the louvers are functional so you can at least see out... not that great but if going down a highway you could see if a vehicle was beside you. I have other things ordered and a few more changes but I will not spoil the surprise until I get it.

·
Premium Member
11,039 Posts
Well one thing about me which if you knew my past is that I call a spaid a spaid. If I get anything for the beast and it is shit I will let everyone know because I don't want others making the same mistake. The louvers if you like that sort of thing look good... are they wrong for the Shelby well yes in a way they should have scoops on the rear window..BUT the scoops 100% make the window useless and the louvers are functional so you can at least see out... not that great but if going down a highway you could see if a vehicle was beside you. I have other things ordered and a few more changes but I will not spoil the surprise until I get it.
Busa,

What's your % tint? Would you please pm me?

Thanks.

bj

·
Registered
9 Posts
i have a white couple with blue stripes and i had new white rockers put on and the louvers and i think it makes the car look alot better, but you cant see out of my louvers because they put black celophane on the glass so you wouldnt see the back of the louver, but you can switch to the other type by just taking these off. i also had mine put on the dyno and a tune and it had 493 hp at the rear wheels, i will take some pics and put them on here. i also had the magna flow exhaust put on, makes the car sound like it should

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My louvers are open so you can see out, the inside of them are painted black...well the body shop painted them black on the inside and than the red everywhere else. Street Scene is the company that made them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Busa,

What's your % tint? Would you please pm me?

Thanks.

bj
Hello Mr. "Being middle age crazy PRICELESS ",

Can you please explain to me how it is possible to buy a Shelby for $43K?
I wanted to get a Shelby but the dealers say that they go around 20-25K above the sticker price. Did you have to pay extra or only the sticker price? If so, was it because of personal connections with dealership?

I placed an order for a GT instead, but if possible I would definitely want to give the extra $15K to get a Shelby.

Thanks in advance!

Haldun Unalmis

·
Registered
104 Posts
He ordered it in March... before wheels were on the lot... and probably put down a deposit. Now they're going as cheaply as $54k that I've found. I'm working on getting one around 50k or less (possibly by pre-ordering a 2008) my detailed bit of that is in the Pacific Northwest forum.

Welcome to the community.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I got mine from a small dealer I found by calling over 50 dealers. I paid $200 under MSRP($43.370.00) before TTL. I knew no one at the dealership. You have to do a lot of research and leg work to find a deal, not just wait for it to fall into your lap. No one is going to help you find a deal when they are looking themselves.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts

I wanted to get a Shelby but the dealers say that they go around 20-25K above the sticker price. Did you have to pay extra or only the sticker price? If so, was it because of personal connections with dealership?

I placed an order for a GT instead, but if possible I would definitely want to give the extra $15K to get a Shelby.

Thanks in advance!

Haldun Unalmis
Haldun,

Some people have been able to get MSRP deals through a variety of methods be it personal connections, having a dealership that does not believe in ADMs, or simply getting in the game early.

As I said to you in the other thread, keep looking and you may luck out.

Dave

·
Premium Member
11,039 Posts

Thanks in advance!

Haldun Unalmis
Well, it was a LITTLE more than $43k even. In a nut shell, I did a tremendous amount of phone/leg work for nearly a year. I found a very small, full-line SVT dealer that would (at some point in time) be getting 3 cars for 2007. My deal was a MSRP for his 2nd car...the owner wanted the first one. I placed my order within the first 15 minutes that the order banks were open on 3/13/06. Shortly thereafter, my dealer magically got his priority bumped up to "rock star" (not literally, but those of you that know the process know what I mean....it's not MY priority code that matters, it's the dealer's place in line to have their cars built). At that time, I offered the dealer a couple of grand to take the first car and he agreed.

Job 1 date: 6/6/06
My build date: 6/26/06
Striping hell: All of July
Car delivered and purchased 8/5/06

So, it was effort....turning over stones....taking care of relationships....and respect...but most of all, patience.

It's meeting great folks on this and other forums that make the wait bearable.

Worth the wait.

Good luck.

·
Registered
135 Posts

Thanks in advance!

Haldun Unalmis
I would feel better if the guys getting hteir cars for MSRP or less would post a copy of their sales invoice from their dealer.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I would feel better if the guys getting hteir cars for MSRP or less would post a copy of their sales invoice from their dealer.
Feel better?

·
Registered
135 Posts
The reason is simple I have heard about these deals on alot of boards would be nice to actually see an invoice. no reason to be offended. is there?

·
Registered
213 Posts
No but you either believe someone or you dont, for what their word is worth. I paid MSRP for mine but I could care less if you believe me and it makes you feel better to see an invoice. If you want to call my dealership and ask them what it was sold for or drive here and see my invoice you can but I am not gonna do more work because you dont believe me or anyone else that got a "good" deal.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts