Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought one for my 07 GT500 on eBay before and loved it, I just want the old school look that I'm used to. Where can I get this setup that bolts to the factory linkage?

Thanks

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited by Moderator)
Does anyone make an adapter block so you can use a stock Hurst Comp Plus stick and ball? I would think if someone offered something like the bottom portion of this stick with drilled holes perpendicular to the mounting holes, that's all we'd need...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is this what you're looking for? I see it only fits the Steeda Tri-Ax, but an upgrade is an upgrade.
I've seen that - I would use that stick to bolt to the adapter block I was talking about. I remember CORE Shifters making an adapter for my 09 Challenger and it worked GREAT, but they don't have one for a flat stick Hurst type for the GT500. https://core-shifters.com/collections/sticks-for-gt500 - they only offer this one - https://core-shifters.com/collections/sticks-for-gt500/products/5-tapered-ss-short-shifter-stick-hurst-knob-for-2007-14-mustang-gt500-w-stock-shifter

·
Registered
45 Posts
I assume you are familiar with the ford racing shifter handles for 07-09 that were offered "back then" (time flies...).
M-7213-K polished ss with white ball,
M-7213-J black with black ball,
if not, google will show pictures.
they are not available new anymore but show occasionally up on ebay, craigslist.
I saw 3 last winter when I was not really looking, however, since then I looked I could not find one.
until yesterday, bought one on ebay of all places from the UK, we'll see if and when it arrives.

another option could be the stock kr shifter handle/knob, very similar to the fr ss, only saw it one time on ebay.

i'm sure a hurst (or Shelby) ball could be fitted to all of these if so desired.

that said, most guys here tend towards the mgw shifter assy, has a chrome handle and a white ball too, probably a better overall outcome but more change than I am going for.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll keep looking, I know what my options are now - thanks guys!

Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays!

Good to be back!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okay so I bought the Shelby Stick and found a Shelby shift ball on Facebook, both authentic Shelby Performance parts still in the original packaging, but to my surprise the thread sizes are different - same diameter but the stick is a course thread and the shifter ball is a fine thread - what he heck!!

Did they do different thread sizes for different years????

Oh and by the way - SHE ARRIVED YESTERDAY!!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There we go -
Shelby American™ - Generation 1 (up to 2011): 12mm x 1.75
Shelby American™ - Generation 2 (introduced in 2011): 12mm x 1.25

THANKS TIM!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Really? You can change fine thread to a courser thread? Hmmmm, my father in law owns a machine shop, I'll check with his guys! Thanks Joe!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts