Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i am looking to buy a 2009 gt500 black w/ alloy stripes. It has the Nav and hids for $43,500. I know that you can't get the shaker 1000 with a nav. I was wondering if i purchased one w/ a shaker 1000 if a nav could be easily installed (plug and play). if not im sure the shaker500 will be plenty.

·
Banned
1,592 Posts
I have a 2009 with the 1000 watt stereo...and it is freakin' awesome...GT500's are BEASTS...and should have a matching sound system...lol...IMO...you can easily buy a plug in GPS for like a hundred bucks...and as far as having a backup camera and all that..well, hell, if you wanted EASY...you should be looking at automatics.....lol

·
Registered
547 Posts
I'd personally get the built in nav and then replace the speakers with high quality ones. The original sound systems do sound great from the factory, but from what I've heard from people who have gone with aftermarket speakers with the original system, it is a night and day difference. However I don't know if I'm the right person to respond since I'm personally not a huge audiophile when it comes to vehicle sound systems as I like to just hear the engine myself in performance vehicles. I'm just stating what was told to me by some people in the know. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
do you know if the factory ford nav will plug into the head unit w/ a 1000 system? if so why do they only sell the nav w/ the 500.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I don't know the answer to that, but I would have to guess that since it isn't offered that it wouldn't be plug and play.

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
Hi, i am looking to buy a 2009 gt500 black w/ alloy stripes. It has the Nav and hids for $43,500. I know that you can't get the shaker 1000 with a nav. I was wondering if i purchased one w/ a shaker 1000 if a nav could be easily installed (plug and play). if not im sure the shaker500 will be plenty.
Venom,
Try this thread and see if it answers some of your questions.
http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3674&highlight=nav

You might even contact TFdriver to see how his install went.

Good Luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts