Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking to purchase a stock shifter assembly for the Gt500. Please PM me with any available. The shifter rod, which most used in updating to the Steeda Triax, must be part of the assembly.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Would appreciate any replies to the above post.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will be replacing mine soon. If you are in the market to wait a few weeks, let me know.
I have attempted to PM you but you have this feature blocked. The shifter must be complete with shifter rod. If you are going with the Steeda Triax you will be utilizing the shifter rod for your upgrade. The clips that hold the shifter to the tranny are not an issue. I am not sure what is required for the Ford Racing shifter. Read the instructions for the new install and let me know what, if any, parts are utilized on the upgrade. Waiting a few weeks is not an issue.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still in the market if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
I have my stock shifter, didn't really give any thought of selling it, guess I don't really need it.

How much you looking to spend??

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I have my stock shifter, didn't really give any thought of selling it, guess I don't really need it.

How much you looking to spend??
I bet you don't have the shifter rod attached. It's probably on your short throw.

I mistakenly made the same offer earlier.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
I bet you don't have the shifter rod attached. It's probably on your short throw.

I mistakenly made the same offer earlier.
Not sure what part you all are talking about?

I have the FRPP shifter like John.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I have the stock shifter with the shifter rod attached , not sure I want to sell it though. ( I'm using the Hurst stick and ball.)

Just curious , why do you want it ? What happened to you stock shifter ?

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

The shifter rod is the part that connects to the bottom of the shifter and then is bolted to the rod that enters the top of the tranny. If you have this part with your stock shifter, PM me with what you want for it. I am not sure if the FRPP shifter utilized the stock rod or comes complete as a new assembly.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have the stock shifter with the shifter rod attached , not sure I want to sell it though. ( I'm using the Hurst stick and ball.)

Just curious , why do you want it ? What happened to you stock shifter ?
I had to lengthen the stock rod with the new tranny and Triax setup. I am not sure which setup I prefer, stock shifter or Triax and need a stock rod to compare.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)

BEACH, MADMX, & SVTBIRD gave all of you enough info. S**T or get off the you know what. Are you in or out? Just looking to purchase and what else can I say? Is anyone out there interested? Or are we just kicking tires? What good is this site if we can't help one another? Not saying this site has not done this and more. Just does not to be the site to sell or exchange SHELBY parts! Why is that?

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
I changed to the KR FRPP shifter and don't know what stupid rod you need if it is on my car or sitting in the box, sorry for not being as smart as you.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I know what you want but I don't want to sell mine. Still not sure why you had to lengthen yours. I have the tri ax and didn't have to alter mine at all.
I thought we were having a civil discussion sorry to bother you with questions.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
BEACH, MADMX, & SVTBIRD gave all of you enough info. S**T or get off the you know what. Are you in or out? Just looking to purchase and what else can I say? Is anyone out there interested? Or are we just kicking tires? What good is this site if we can't help one another? Not saying this site has not done this and more. Just does not to be the site to sell or exchange SHELBY parts! Why is that?
Wow.

Such drama over a shift rod. :boohoo:

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Joe means well.His fingers just go to the left sometimes but is a nice person.Did you know at one point I gave him a nick of "Patience" but didn't catch on with the masses.I still like it.Joe they are just curious.These guys are as helpful as they come.You stated you were not in that big of a hurry.Give them a chance.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Joe means well.His fingers just go to the left sometimes but is a nice person.Did you know at one point I gave him a nick of "Patience" but didn't catch on with the masses.I still like it.Joe they are just curious.These guys are as helpful as they come.You stated you were not in that big of a hurry.Give them a chance.
Thanks Fred. I have been having a bad week and some times silence is golden. Fried my wifes computer last night with the best part of my martini, although I did salvalge the olives. The throw on the new tranny from RSG is different from the stock trans for reasons I do not have the proper answer nor expertise for . After the install I was having problems catching second on the down shift and and sixth on the up. Kept jumping out. I modified the shifter to the Tiax which should have no bearing on the results IMO. We lengthend the stock shifter rod by .25" to accomadate the new setup, but only a slight improvement. The feel from neutral position is right, but too much damage may have been already done due to my driving style, as driving this easy is not what I am here for. I am looking for a stock shifter as a fall back as to where the problem lies. Sorry for anyone I may have offended. Just not my week and my patience is runnig thin. Every thing else remaining the same? I could not be happier!

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
We all have our bad days.

With the great people we have on THIS forum, notice we didn't have an all out battle over this misunderstanding.

I'm only offended by one person on these forums, I don't interact w/ him over there anymore. :lol:

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
I'm only offended by one person on these forums, I don't interact w/ him over there anymore. :lol:
So.... will you ever talk to Carnut again or has he been banished?? :cowtounge:

:D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts