1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone recognize a 2008 GT500
Texas license plate BPL 4665
I bought someone’s misfortune and doing a swap on my 07 GT
I need some info on the fuel mods done to the car and would love to know what Kind of power this was making before I transplant it.

Attachments

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP on order 2011 Kona Blue/white
32,373 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the wrecked GT500, trying to get it back to factory before I pull the drivetrain. So yes I have a GT500 and I’m hoping I’m in the right place.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2008 Metalic Vista Blue Convertible
5,696 Posts
The engine bay appears to be all stock. Not even a passenger side catch can.
The caps are aftermarket as well as the hood that was on it. The wheels are also 'aftermarket', not OE.

Reactions: Goose17

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,373 Posts
The engine bay appears to be all stock. Not even a passenger side catch can.
The caps are aftermarket as well as the hood that was on it. The wheels are also 'aftermarket', not OE.
Yes to all of this. The first performance mods on these cars is usually a smaller supercharger pulley combined with a better intake. Those both look stock. The only other potential power upgrade out of view would be a 10 or 15% larger lower pulley to spin the supercharger pulley, but I highly doubt that car has one since the original intake and filter box are still in place.

Why do you think there are fuel mods? Is there a boost-A-pump in the trunk? Check the spare tire well.

It does appear that there is an aftermarket crossover fuel hose running over the top of the supercharger.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,373 Posts
It is possible the original intake/filter box was put back on the car post crash. Get a flashlight and have a look at the lower pulley. From the top view, it may help to remove the bolts on the coolant tanks to move them slightly to the sides for viewing.

Reactions: fletchffletch

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There is something cut out of some custom wiring to the trunk and going to fuel tank with looks like 1/2” fuel lines running to the stock rails. There is also an aftermarket fuel regulator that looks like it’s controlled by boost pressure. Also the egr is disconnected and holes are plugged in back of the supercharger.
It has kooks headers and catted x pipe with magnaflow mufflers. Pillar Boost and water temp Gagues installed too. Bigger afco heat exchanger was on it also but pretty banged up. I believe the stock air box was replaced when the car was bought at auction. The car started right up and ran smooth at idle and revving to 2500rpm.

I’m trying to get the same heat exchanger, egr reconnected, and revert to stock fuel system for now until I can figure out what boost a pump was on this thing.

Any help would be appreciated. I’m pretty sure this car is tuned and I’m trying to get the info but keep running into dead ends.

I’ll post more pix of the missing and or modded parts Saturday.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,373 Posts
I’m betting the OEM supercharger, throttle body and intake were all put back on after the crash. The only reason to have big fuel mods is to support big power, which that stock supercharger would not do.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got a little further in tear down. Posted pics of missing bap in trunk and crank pully.
Still have to drop the fuel tank and figure out the 2nd fuel pump for my swap.

Project Sleeper Snake is almost underway.

Attachments

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,373 Posts
Got a little further in tear down. Posted pics of missing bap in trunk and crank pully.
Still have to drop the fuel tank and figure out the 2nd fuel pump for my swap.

Project Sleeper Snake is almost underway.
Lots of members would love to follow your build. I recommend starting a new thread since this one is in the Texas sub-forum. If you are putting the powertrain in your Mustang GT, please create a thread here:

https://www.fordgt500.com/forums/121-other-mustangs/

We have lots of knowledgeable members that can give you advice on your build. They just need to see your posts and putting them in the Texas sub-forum won’t get the best visibility.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts