Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
Plain and simple... ADAM'S Polishes.
www.adamspolishes.com

NO, I don't work for them, but everything I've bought from them is just awesome.
WATCH the videos of Adam detailing the Ferrari, you will learn a lot, like I did.
I have no swirl marks on my Kona Blue...
PS: Their white double thick microfiber towels are just friggin unbelievable, not cheap, but the best.
GUS

·
Registered
36 Posts
Interesting thread. I just took my triple black 2010 to a local guy who has been in the paint/body/tint business for the last 30 years (So Cal). Long story short, he claims he has developed a product and process that will give the car a mirror finish, minus most of the swirl marks without using a buffer and using a proprietary wax that is void of fillers.

According to Ken, he states all dealers will apply a wax compound full of filler materials using a buffer to detail the car for delivery. The swirl marks are more visible on black paint and since they use a wax with filler materials and when the wax dries and wears off over time, it leaves behind the swirl marks made by the buffer (a lot of his business comes from local BMW, Mercedes dealerships).

He had my car for 6.5 hours behind a closed area where his guy was applying the product (patent pending on process/product). My car had additional problems since on the first day I purchased, I noticed it had a deposit on the rear half of the vehicle (turned out to be tree sap). He would not let me view what he was doing the entire time.

Anyway, I hope this finish last and I can honestly say the finished product exceeded my expectations. For a smaller fee, he will re-apply the product each year to maintain the flat, black paint mirror gloss image that I now have. I'll see how long this finish last and make a decision each year.

I was reluctant to have the dealer repair because they would have sent to their body shop and probably applied a buffer to the paint.

Attached is a pic I took of the right rear panel (near the antenna). The mirror image is throughout with most swirl marks removed.

I have no interest in promoting this other than sharing my own personal experience. If you are local to So Cal and would like further info, send me a PM.

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
Area 51
Kennedy assassination
Skull and Bones
Mysterious swirl mark remover from So Cal

61 - 63 of 63 Posts