Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stay in Sebastian and was wondering is there any other shelby owners out there who would like to get together and meet up some day in the week. I see a couple of shelbys driving around town dont be shy come out and drive.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,044 Posts
Do I sense another, nice, clean, stripe-delete car.....................SWEEEEEEEEEET!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea no stripes on this bad boy never came with any stripes. I heard of bushnel but your near tampa on the west side i think lol

·
Registered
524 Posts
My first post (at least on this site.) Yay for me.

I'm picking up my '09 white w/blue GT500 in TX next week & driving her back. I live in the Stuart area. Perhaps after I get back?
Lee

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP on order 2011 Kona Blue/white
33,002 Posts
My first post (at least on this site.) Yay for me.

I'm picking up my '09 white w/blue GT500 in TX next week & driving her back. I live in the Stuart area. Perhaps after I get back?
Lee
Congrats on the score!

Welcome!

·
Registered
524 Posts
I lived in Fort Pierce for a year while working at St Lucie II
Beautiful place to live and play :)

Why in the world would you ever leave the east coast of FL to move to NJ? I'm a former NJ boy, exit 82a on the GSP, albeit I left in '82.

Which exit 13? On the GSP or the TP?
Lee

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Why in the world would you ever leave the east coast of FL to move to NJ? I'm a former NJ boy, exit 82a on the GSP, albeit I left in '82.

Which exit 13? On the GSP or the TP?
Lee
LOL, get asked about that quite often. Born and raised in Tampa Fla and joined Pipefitters Union at 19. At age 30 got itchy feet and started to travel all over the country. Passed thru NJ for a shutdown at a refinery in Linden. When the job was over the hall sent me to Budweiser in Newark for 18 months :) After that got another job, after 10 yrs bought a house up here. 25 yrs later, here I am!
136 on the GSP---13 on the NJTP

·
Banned
9,880 Posts
LOL, get asked about that quite often. Born and raised in Tampa Fla and joined Pipefitters Union at 19. At age 30 got itchy feet and started to travel all over the country. Passed thru NJ for a shutdown at a refinery in Linden. When the job was over the hall sent me to Budweiser in Newark for 18 months :) After that got another job, after 10 yrs bought a house up here. 25 yrs later, here I am!
136 on the GSP---13 on the NJTP
Do you know Snooky? :grin:

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Crikey, you're not that far from Elizabeth. Dude, you gotta move back to FL.

One of my college roommates was from Elizabeth. Nice kid but whenever I think of him, I'm reminded of this scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMENQeCbxfI

"Boone, you had a face like a pepperoni pizza."

LMAO, one of my all time favorites.

I was down to Fla last Feb to visit family(First time driving in 10yrs) and the traffic was worse than NJ. Traffic on I-75 was at a stand still, ass hats passing on the shoulder in their $250 cars with dubious insurance.
This past week of 95 degree temps reminded me of what I think of the hot weather, ofcourse 40" of a blizzard sucks too. But I think I can handle the cold better.

I just have a large group of friends in my drag racing club and also in my Harley club, plus I don't feel like packing all the crap I have, LOL. But southern NC is tempting ;)

·
Registered
524 Posts
NJ has a bad rap. I grew up on 'The Shore'- exit 82A exactly. Great place to grow up. Hated the summer when the NY'er's would invade- every one of the worst stereotypes of NYC possible would show up. Use to drive me nutz. I now only visit when I have to; my sister and father (90!) still live there.

But you can keep those damn winters & 8 months of gray skies! I'm staying where the sky is blue 12 months a year!
Lee

·
Registered
405 Posts

Necro post alert...

Port St. Lucie here, seems a few of us around the Treasure Coast

·
Registered
524 Posts
G'morning Dennis!

Dennis is a buddy of mine. We met a number of years ago on a bike site, the zrxoa, and have been pals ever since. Dennis fell in love with my GT500 and had to have one so he & I went a-shopping and found another. Different year but same color scheme and the mod bug has bitten him badly too.
Lee

1 - 18 of 18 Posts