Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
2013 Shelby GT500 performance white
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Wooooo Hooo! You are going to love having a lift Ron!

If you don’t have something like this, I suggest getting one. I got 2 of these. One for oil and one for coolant. This model had the biggest catch basin I could find.

View attachment 209704
Yes, I took note of that in one of your posts, I believe it is when your son was changing the oil in his car. I have had that in the back of my mind.

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 Kona Blue/Silver stripes
4,917 Posts
Thank you everyone for all your replies! I was able to end up working it out with the manufacturer of direct lift. The last time I talked to the director of field sales I asked him why I could not by the direct lift from the supplier I was referred to in Indianapolis. He said Even though they manufacture the direct lift, forward lift, and rotary lift, it would be like trying to buy a Chevy on a Ford dealership lot. While I did not mention that is not an apples to apples comparison, it would be more like Ford telling me I could not buy a Fusion on their lot because they only sold mustangs. Either way, at the end of his last response he said if I had any further questions he gave me the email to the regional manager. I contacted the regional manager and spoke with him. To make a long story short, he has worked it out where I can buy the forward lift EFP9 (identical to the direct lift pp9plus, just supposedly made a little stronger)
from the dealer in Indianapolis. While the forward lift is normally about $500 more then the direct Lift, and the equivalent pro jack 4500 that forward has is normally $300 more, The regional manager spoke with the dealer in Indianapolis and they were able to work out a price that was only $250 more for The forward lift and pro jack combined and I don’t pay shipping.:)
I appreciate the good faith of the regional manager and I am very happy it has been resolved.
Thanks again for all your responses as I was actively looking and weighing options.

Ron
Refreshing to work with people who listen and want to help, isn’t it Ron? Congrats on expecting your new baby!

·
Premium Member
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
@Norton and @fletchffletch considering these pro Jack 4500s are about $1000, are they worth it?
The 3500s are less expensive but they don’t fit on a 9000 pound rated lift from what I understand.
Also the 4500 pound is what I would need to get the front end of my Dodge with a 5.9 Cummins diesel up off the lift.

·
Registered
2013 Shelby GT500 Coupe, Triple Black
1,791 Posts
Thank you everyone for all your replies! I was able to end up working it out with the manufacturer of direct lift. The last time I talked to the director of field sales I asked him why I could not by the direct lift from the supplier I was referred to in Indianapolis. He said Even though they manufacture the direct lift, forward lift, and rotary lift, it would be like trying to buy a Chevy on a Ford dealership lot. While I did not mention that is not an apples to apples comparison, it would be more like Ford telling me I could not buy a Fusion on their lot because they only sold mustangs. Either way, at the end of his last response he said if I had any further questions he gave me the email to the regional manager. I contacted the regional manager and spoke with him. To make a long story short, he has worked it out where I can buy the forward lift EFP9 (identical to the direct lift pp9plus, just supposedly made a little stronger) from the dealer in Indianapolis. While the forward lift is normally about $500 more then the direct Lift, and the equivalent pro jack 4500 that forward has is normally $300 more, The regional manager spoke with the dealer in Indianapolis and they were able to work out a price that was only $250 more for The forward lift and pro jack combined and I don’t pay shipping.:)
I appreciate the good faith of the regional manager and I am very happy it has been resolved.
Thanks again for all your responses as I was actively looking and weighing options.
Congrats! I'm happy to hear it worked out. Unfortunate that customers have to ascend the management chain for common sense to prevail!

Forward Lift is one with which I'm not familiar - curious if it's ALI-certfied and includes the accessories some of the competitors include (i.e., jack tray, drip trays, and casters)?

@Norton and @fletchffletch considering these pro Jack 4500s are about $1000, are they worth it?
The 3500s are less expensive but they don’t fit on a 9000 pound rated lift from what I understand.
Also the 4500 pound is what I would need to get the front end of my Dodge with a 5.9 Cummins diesel up off the lift.
IMO, the short answer is yes. Truth-in-advertising, however, I've have a Pro Park 8S so I could go with the less expensive Pro Jack 3500. Since the "biggest" thing I have is my Tacoma, it works out. The longer answer is that it depends on how you intend to use your lift... You don't need one for a lot of routine maintenance (e.g., fluid changes, bleeding the brakes, etc). OTOH, it's indispensible for things like tire/wheel and suspension work. I found it invaluable when upgrading the side skirts on my C7Z - giving me the room I needed to drill-out OEM rivets and install new fasteners...

·
Premium Member
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Congrats! I'm happy to hear it worked out. Unfortunate that customers have to ascend the management chain for common sense to prevail!

Forward Lift is one with which I'm not familiar - curious if it's ALI-certfied and includes the accessories some of the competitors include (i.e., jack tray, drip trays, and casters)?

IMO, the short answer is yes. Truth-in-advertising, however, I've have a Pro Park 8S so I could go with the less expensive Pro Jack 3500. Since the "biggest" thing I have is my Tacoma, it works out. The longer answer is that it depends on how you intend to use your lift... You don't need one for a lot of routine maintenance (e.g., fluid changes, bleeding the brakes, etc). OTOH, it's indispensible for things like tire/wheel and suspension work. I found it invaluable when upgrading the side skirts on my C7Z - giving me the room I needed to drill-out OEM rivets and install new fasteners...
View attachment 209709

View attachment 209710
Yes it is ALI certified. It does come with all the accessories. Here is the link to the brochure.EFP9
Thanks again for your assistance.

Ron

·
Registered
2012 Kona Blue SVTPP GT500
179 Posts
Just echoing @Norton you really want to pony up for the Pro Jack. Like Norton, I have a Pro Park 8 so only went with the 3500 series but it is beefy. You'll be glad you got yourself the 4500.

·
Registered
2020 GT500 delivered 10/15/20, 2015 50th GT Conv.,39 Caddy Cp, 67 Caddy conv, 67 Vette roadster.
211 Posts
Just echoing @Norton you really want to pony up for the Pro Jack. Like Norton, I have a Pro Park 8 so only went with the 3500 series but it is beefy. You'll be glad you got yourself the 4500.
How much does the EFP9 cost?
Lou

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
And the light are a must😉
+1! Can be very dark under a lifted vehicle without a lighting solution. FWIW, I went with Barrina LED Shop Lights, using flexible magnetic tape to mount them. Consider having both upward- and downward-mounted lights, since you'll want to see what you're working on AND anything you might drop...

This was my original quote for the forward EFP9 Before the regional manager marked it down.
View attachment 209727
That looks like a great package and you did well, getting what sounds like about ~10% off! 🍻

Lifts have really gone up in the ~3 years since I bought mine. My Pro Park 8S and Pro Jack 3500 were ~$2800, plus delivery and install. Published pricing now is ~$3200, plus delivery and install.

·
Premium Member
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
+1! Can be very dark under a lifted vehicle without a lighting solution. FWIW, I went with Barrina LED Shop Lights, using flexible magnetic tape to mount them. Consider having both upward- and downward-mounted lights, since you'll want to see what you're working on AND anything you might drop...

That looks like a great package and you did well, getting what sounds like about ~10% off! 🍻

Lifts have really gone up in the ~3 years since I bought mine. My Pro Park 8S and Pro Jack 3500 were ~$2800, plus delivery and install. Published pricing now is ~$3200, plus delivery and install.
Thank you @Norton And you are correct with about 10% off. I appreciate you posting the lighting information I was going to ask you about that.
Ron

·
Super Moderator
5,547 Posts
Excellent news, Ron! Glad you were able to get to the head honcho and work it all out. As others have said, the sliding jacks/pro jacks are worth it -- I believe. I did not buy one (or two) and have been debating/kicking myself ever since. I've been using a QuickJack for wheels off work, which I had before I bought the lift. I've even see where people are putting their QuickJack on the ramps of a four post lift and achieving wheels-off status by doing that, but I haven't worked up the courage to try that yet! I would have to buy 2 Pro Jacks to get all 4 wheels off the ground, which keeps holding me back. I like having all 4 wheels off the ground at a time, but the downside to the QuickJack is I have to work on the ground (or closer to it) rather than have it at standing height with the Pro Jacks. The QuickJack came in very handy a couple of months back when I replaced all 4 corners of my daily with coilovers, but I was a sore mammy jammy after two days of install on the ground, hunched over, etc. Anyway, more than you wanted to know!

And the lights are a must. It can get dark under the car. I think the lights info/detail was part of one of the lift threads that I can't find right now. I have lights shining up to the top car, and lights shining down to the bottom car.

Reactions: Norton

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I appreciate you posting the lighting information I was going to ask you about that.
One thing to note with those lights is that the 4' and 8' versions can't be easily connected end-to-end, as the connections are "reversed" between the two sizes. I learned this the hard way but, thankfully, was able to adjust and repurpose. FWIW, three 4' sections connected end-to-end fit well on each runway of my lift.

Excellent news, Ron! Glad you were able to get to the head honcho and work it all out. As others have said, the sliding jacks/pro jacks are worth it -- I believe. I did not buy one (or two) and have been debating/kicking myself ever since. I've been using a QuickJack for wheels off work, which I had before I bought the lift. I've even see where people are putting their QuickJack on the ramps of a four post lift and achieving wheels-off status by doing that, but I haven't worked up the courage to try that yet! I would have to buy 2 Pro Jacks to get all 4 wheels off the ground, which keeps holding me back. I like having all 4 wheels off the ground at a time, but the downside to the QuickJack is I have to work on the ground (or closer to it) rather than have it at standing height with the Pro Jacks. The QuickJack came in very handy a couple of months back when I replaced all 4 corners of my daily with coilovers, but I was a sore mammy jammy after two days of install on the ground, hunched over, etc. Anyway, more than you wanted to know!

And the lights are a must. It can get dark under the car. I think the lights info/detail was part of one of the lift threads that I can't find right now. I have lights shining up to the top car, and lights shining down to the bottom car.
Have you considered using a couple of jack stands on the jack tray to hold one end of the car, allowing you to slide a single Pro Jack to the other end? I haven't needed all four wheels up yet, but that's my plan if/when required. Alternatively, I'd also consider adding a second Pro-Jack.

Unless you're wed to your QuickJack, you could probably sell it to (help) finance a Pro Jack (or two)...

·
Super Moderator
5,547 Posts
One thing to note with those lights is that the 4' and 8' versions can't be easily connected end-to-end, as the connections are "reversed" between the two sizes. I learned this the hard way but, thankfully, was able to adjust and repurpose. FWIW, three 4' sections connected end-to-end fit well on each runway of my lift.

Have you considered using a couple of jack stands on the jack tray to hold one end of the car, allowing you to slide a single Pro Jack to the other end? I haven't needed all four wheels up yet, but that's my plan if/when required. Alternatively, I'd also consider adding a second Pro-Jack.

Unless you're wed to your QuickJack, you could probably sell it to (help) finance a Pro Jack (or two)...
Yes, sir, I've definitely thought about selling the Quickjack to raise funds for a Pro Jack but it's just one of those things on my ever-growing car-related to-do/wish list that I can seem to get around to! :ROFLMAO:

I haven't done the jack stands in the jack tray thing yet, probably only because I have the QuickJack. I keep intending to try the QuickJack on the ramp thing but, again, haven't gotten around to it.

Here's a vid or two of people doing it. Note in the first vid the texture of the Bendpak ramp is "smooth but sandapery" as compared to the "diamond plate" kind of look of the Direct Lift, which I think wouldn't provide as much grip for the QuickJack as the "smoother" Bendpak ramp. I've been thinking I could put down some thin rubber between the QJ and the ramp of the Direct Lift to give it better grip.

Reactions: Norton

·
Registered
671 Posts
Wow....The Auto Lift FP8K-DX looks very low profile. I was considering one for my '64 Stingray if I added a Cobra replica to the mix. Both are 48" High.

Attachments

21 - 39 of 39 Posts