Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
42,730 Posts
Interested in getting a 2022 GT500KR but I was too late. Anyone interested in giving up their spot on the list?
Welcome to the forum! Good luck in your quest! If you are up for introducing yourself, you’ll find our new member area here:

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
42,730 Posts

·
Registered
2021 GT500 Carbonized Gray with Black Painted Roof
202 Posts
Mine was a 21 spot. They told me the 22 spots went first because of all the people wanting Heritage Editions. My family decided this car was too fun to drive the way it was without adding more value to it. Wife even told me to go buy a Boss 302 or GT350 with the money instead.

Reactions: Goose17

·
Registered
2020 gt500 Ford performance blue base model.
170 Posts
Reactions: Goose17

·
Registered
2021 GT500 CFTP
136 Posts
I had no clue that they were taking reservations I thought it was February 1st. Well now I’m 7th on the alternative list for a 2021 KR build. Irritated and it may not happen for me but I was told I would get a call on Feb 1st to a put deposit down if they make it to the alternative list. Unless someone wants to give up there 21 reservation :)

·
Registered
2021 GT500 CFTP
136 Posts
Hey guys I just wanted to elaborate on this process as I've been back and forth with Shelby this morning. So technically no one has a spot until you pay a deposit. Once you pay the deposit your order is confirmed. You can't release your spot to anyone else as from Shelby it is not your spot to give and is against their policy. Shelby places everyone on a list and it goes from top to bottom of when you reserved to be on thus said list. When Shelby calls on February 1st and you do not make the deposit then you will be removed and they will go down the list to the next person and so forth till all available slots have been filled with a deposit.

All I can say is that I did not understand this process exactly and no where do they define such a process. I'm hoping to educate others as I have myself now. My character was definitely questioned today with Shelby to which I didn't appreciate and I very well made that known to them. Hope it works out for everyone that is considering the KR I'm sure it will be worth doing but it has definitely left a bad impression with me in regards to how Shelby handled this.

-Jason

·
Premium Member
2009 SHELBY GT500KR
233 Posts
I bet several don't ante-up and some spots will open up. Good luck. If not, you can always go back in time and get a loaded 09' KR 😎😁

·
Registered
2021 GT500 CFTP
136 Posts
I bet several don't ante-up and some spots will open up. Good luck. If not, you can always go back in time and get a loaded 09' KR 😎😁
Thanks I spoke with Gary Patterson about it in more and basically most of the orders go to those who are repeat customers or have standing orders for the next best thing. Regardless their process isn’t defined the whole 60 slots ordeal is a lot less when most are already spoken for in the first place before someone like you or me has a chance to order. Matt the sales manager is whom I have most of my issues with he was a jerk about all of it. I’m sure he could care less what I think but it makes a difference to who I want to spend money with that’s for sure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.