Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hows everyone been doing Goose, suzi q. Update on my move to Colorado- Im still around, my life is busy as hell now. 3 years in and got things going my way, sort of. Oldest son graduated H.S. and is going to the University of Denver in the fall. I could not get him to go to a Texas school even though we have the Tx tomorrow fund. Thats ok because he got a good scholarship and the fund will roll over to us here. Youngest son "15" doesn't have a clue what he wants to do yet. Talked to the guy the other day that bought my Shelby, sounds like his son is having to much fun with it. He told me I could by it back but his asking price was way to high. I told him I would rather buy a new one with a warranty at that price. Think our plan is to sell here when my 15 yr old graduates H.S., Miss DfW to much and there is no restaurants or tracks around here! So if anyone wants to take a road trip up this way, come on. I can offer some kind of discount for groups. A lot of car guys and motorcycle clubs roll thru here its a nice road trip area. Anyway thinking about the GT 350 vs the 500. Leaning toward the 350, cost is a factor too. Any pros and cons between the two? Peace out, Rich.

·
Moderator Dude!
28,250 Posts
Hows everyone been doing Goose, suzi q. Update on my move to Colorado- Im still around, my life is busy as hell now. 3 years in and got things going my way, sort of. Oldest son graduated H.S. and is going to the University of Denver in the fall. I could not get him to go to a Texas school even though we have the Tx tomorrow fund. Thats ok because he got a good scholarship and the fund will roll over to us here. Youngest son "15" doesn't have a clue what he wants to do yet. Talked to the guy the other day that bought my Shelby, sounds like his son is having to much fun with it. He told me I could by it back but his asking price was way to high. I told him I would rather buy a new one with a warranty at that price. Think our plan is to sell here when my 15 yr old graduates H.S., Miss DfW to much and there is no restaurants or tracks around here! So if anyone wants to take a road trip up this way, come on. I can offer some kind of discount for groups. A lot of car guys and motorcycle clubs roll thru here its a nice road trip area. Anyway thinking about the GT 350 vs the 500. Leaning toward the 350, cost is a factor too. Any pros and cons between the two? Peace out, Rich.
Hello Rich! Thanks for checking in and giving us an update! @SuziQ is still around too.

If you are debating between the new GT500 and a GT350, they are both awesome cars, but have some big differences. @03reptile just got a 2019 GT350 that he traded his 2013 for. Everyone that has one raves about the high-revving flat plane crank and glorious exhaust note. Of course the 350 comes with a manual tranny and you can also find used examples at a significant savings. Some have reported oil consumption issues, but not all.

The 2020 GT500 is the latest/greatest hot ticket coming from Ford. We know the power of the supercharged engine at this point, but not the weight or performance data. The dual-clutch paddle-shifting tranny will be a new thing for the Mustang crowd, but it will be a game changer in my opinion. You won’t find good deals on the new 500 for a long time and it’s challenging to find one at MSRP ($75k).

Either car would make you smile, but if you are up to paddle-shifting and can swing the extra money, I’d recommend going for a 2020 GT500. It will be on a whole ‘notha level!

There is a good 2020 GT500 discussion going on here:

·
DFW Shelby Queen!
4,369 Posts
Hey Rich! I see you on Facebook now and again too! Still have my Shelby and probably will till I’m too old to drive! Glad to see you may be back into the Shelby scene. I’ve been busy with my grandkids this summer so haven’t been on the forum as much but I’m still around here for sure!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts