Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
@Norton and I have expressed how INSANE our local Ford dealer is when it comes to pricing of halo cars like the GT350 and GT500.

Curious as to their ADM for new GT500s, I searched their site today. They don't have any GT500s, but do have a couple GT350s that show as being MSRP (probably false).

Anyway, I sorted their Mustangs by price and the most expensive are all GT Premiums. The most expensive was the convertible that is listed for $104,413 (MSRP THEY SAY!!!). Then you click on the window sticket and it shows $58,225.

Link: New Ford Trucks, Cars, SUVs in Colorado Springs | Ford of Chapel Hills

In short, to repeat a warning Norton and I gave before - DO NOT buy from Phil Long Ford in Colorado Springs.

Attachments

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
30,409 Posts
Yikes! 😱

They are dreaming to try and sell a Mustang GT for that much money. I’m wondering if it’s the standard sales tactic of listing it stupid high and then announcing a “SALE!” It WAS $104k, but a special 1-time price is available now for $75k! Hurry, this deal won’t last long! ;)

The markups on the 2020 GT500 have been nuts. I still see posts on forums and Facebook where buyers continue to find MSRP deals, but they are few and far between at this point in the run. My sales lady was a bit concerned I was going to flip my car for a profit. I assured her it wasn’t going anywhere.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
My sales lady was a bit concerned I was going to flip my car for a profit. I assured her it wasn’t going anywhere.
Did you show her a picture of your garage? That should’ve settled any questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
30,409 Posts
Did you show her a picture of your garage? That should’ve settled any questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, I did, but I secured my deal right when the order banks opened. This was before all the crazy ADMs started surfacing. I think she saw the potential flip-value in me selling the car. It’s not going anywhere though... it is forgen nuts!

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
9,079 Posts
Yes, I did, but I secured my deal right when the order banks opened. This was before all the crazy ADMs started surfacing. I think she saw the potential flip-value in me selling the car. It’s not going anywhere though... it is forgen nuts!
As is the owner...to a lesser degree! 😊

1 - 7 of 7 Posts