Registered
2021 GT500
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2018 GT350
2,969 Posts
Do not buy these. They're designed for base GT's and only come with a 20x10 up front. You'd be sacrificing foot print up front with these which is the last thing these cars need.

You'd be much better off buying these for a little bit more and getting 20x11's and 20x11.5's.

·
Registered
2021 GT500
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
This is not a "track day" wheel, this is a replica that looks like a CFTP wheel for those that like that wheel that comes in a offset that works with the GT500 brakes and is well priced. The tread width section difference on a 295/30/20 vs' 305/3020 is minimal based on the recommended wheels width for each of those tires.

Just letting people know that there is another option.

·
Premium Member
2020 Shelby GT500 Performance Blue
307 Posts
Do not buy these. They're designed for base GT's and only come with a 20x10 up front. You'd be sacrificing foot print up front with these which is the last thing these cars need.

You'd be much better off buying these for a little bit more and getting 20x11's and 20x11.5's.

I’ve been thinking of getting new wheels for over a year, and somehow still haven’t pulled the trigger. Will these project6gr perform better than the stock wheels, or am I still better off spending the extra $$ for something nicer (like Signature). I’m assuming I’m going to need new lug nuts and tpms sensors, yet as someone new to this I have no idea what to be looking for.

·
Registered
2018 GT350
2,969 Posts
I’ve been thinking of getting new wheels for over a year, and somehow still haven’t pulled the trigger. Will these project6gr perform better than the stock wheels, or am I still better off spending the extra $$ for something nicer (like Signature). I’m assuming I’m going to need new lug nuts and tpms sensors, yet as someone new to this I have no idea what to be looking for.
Signatures will be way nicer but I've driven the piss out of my Project 6's over the 3-1/2 years I've had them. They're still my everyday street setup, I just moved to a rotatable setup for actual race duty.

·
Registered
2022 GT500 CFTP AB, 2017 GT350R LB
23 Posts
I didn’t see any mention about caliper clearance. I remember my 6GR wheels on my 350R we’re extremely close to the caliper. Not sure if the LMR wheels would be the same. Would be nice if they could make them in 20x11/20x11.5 but I guess they have to be careful about copying the design too closely.

the price looks decent if the LMR wheels are strictly street use. That’s one of the hold backs on the Signature wheels set or similar for me is the cost.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
43,024 Posts
I didn’t see any mention about caliper clearance. I remember my 6GR wheels on my 350R we’re extremely close to the caliper. Not sure if the LMR wheels would be the same. Would be nice if they clued make make them in 20x11/20x11.5 but I guess they have to be careful about copying the design too closely.

the price looks decent if the LMR wheels are strictly street use. That’s one of the hold backs on the Signature wheels set or similar for me is the cost.
Any 20” wheel will be extremely close to the front caliper. Ford put big ass brakes on the 2020+ 500!

Reactions: bender

·
Registered
2021 GT500
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I didn’t see any mention about caliper clearance. I remember my 6GR wheels on my 350R we’re extremely close to the caliper. Not sure if the LMR wheels would be the same. Would be nice if they could make them in 20x11/20x11.5 but I guess they have to be careful about copying the design too closely.

There is an offset for just the 2020+ GT500 when you look at LMR's website. So with that I would gather they clear the factory calipers.

·
Registered
2022 GT500 CFTP AB, 2017 GT350R LB
23 Posts
There is an offset for just the 2020+ GT500 when you look at LMR's website. So with that I would gather they clear the factory calipers.
I did see that and im sure they'll clear, but with bare minimums. On the GT350s the Project G6R wheels (R aluminum replicas) had the wheel spoke so close to the caliper than even a tiny stone or piece of road debris could scratch or score the barrel of the wheel or caliper face if it got in there. While the clearances are never going to be gigantic due to the brake sizes, some other aftermarket wheels such as Signature wheels and my Vibe Motorsport 350R replicas have a bit more clearance between the caliper and spokes on my 350. I am going to email LMR and see if they have the clearance between the spokes to caliper.

I don't want to cheap out on the car but if they are half decent wheels, they might not be the worst street wheel option. Just wish they would of done them in 20x11 and 20x11.5 instead of 10/11

Reactions: Unclesams_svt
1 - 9 of 9 Posts