Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Livernois Engineering web-site advertises a programmer that adds 70 HP & TQ. Raises rev limit to 8500.
My Q is has anyone used this & results.
Sale for $499.
I believe this motor is strong enough to handle this with no issues.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Rapid Red! 2011 Kona Blue/white
34,723 Posts
Livernois Engineering web-site advertises a programmer that adds 70 HP & TQ. Raises rev limit to 8500.
My Q is has anyone used this & results.
Sale for $499.
I believe this motor is strong enough to handle this with no issues.
Haven’t heard of them. I would feel better trusting my engine’s life with the well worn path of VMP or Lund.

·
Registered
2020 GT500, Shadow Black
28 Posts
Haven’t heard of them. I would feel better trusting my engine’s life with the well worn path of VMP or Lund.
I do remember hearing and seeing the name Livernois back when I had my '05 GT, but I never used any of their products/services so I cannot speak to quality. But I do know they have been around a while, fifteen years at least.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do remember hearing and seeing the name Livernois back when I had my '05 GT, but I never used any of their products/services so I cannot speak to quality. But I do know they have been around awhile, fifteen years at least.
Livernois Engineering is well known in the performance business, with all makes.
I have had performance work done on several of my cars.
Believe them to be reputible & live up to claims.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Rapid Red! 2011 Kona Blue/white
34,723 Posts
The question would be whether your warranty would go to hell if something engine wise were to happen?
Yes it would. I have seen a couple of these engines let go on 2020s and ironically, both were low-mile and completely stock. On the flip side, there are others well north of 1000 rwhp that are showing no signs of weakness.

I wouldn’t want to be the guy that mods/tunes a new engine that had a manufacturing defect only to be left holding the bag when it’s discovered the engine was tuned. For those that plan to mechanically mod or tune their engines, I would recommend putting some good miles on it stock to make sure all is well first.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts