Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been toying with putting line locks in my car for a while.

Watched a few others do different things and combined a few ideas and came up w/ this.

I used the Granatelli Line Lock, found here...

http://www.lethalperformance.com/pa...07-shelby-gt500-tire-fryer-line-lock-kit.html

First off I installed the solenoids, I liked the idea of mounting them close to the wheels like Badboy has done, but a little more involved than I wanted to get.

When I had my 3:73 gears installed at my dealer, I had the lines attached. I had them connected to the solenoids and just had the tech connect them to the ABS box and bleed the system. I didn't want to tackle bleeding them through the box, I have not dealt w/ this type bleeding before and didn't feel like attempting it on this car. Afterward I was told it really was no different than bleeding them at the wheel cylinders.

The next part took me a while to get around to. I copied an idea from someone else to add a switch and a removeable push button for the trigger switch. First I ran the wires from the battery and the solenoids to the center console.

Then removed the top of the center console (2 screws at the box cover, then the rest pops off w/ clips), then the bottom (2 screws in the back)

(... and 2 screws up front).

I ran the battery wire to a relay and ran a switch off the relay. I used a 1/8" jack and plug for the removeable coiled push button trigger switch.

Wiring for relay...

Switch and trigger button...

Installed...

Bolted the console back up and went for a test.:D

...sorry no test video.

Yet.

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Wow Bill! Thanks for the very detailed and informative post.:)

Cal

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks.:D

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Switch and trigger button...

Installed...

Bolted the console back up and went for a test.:D

...sorry no test video.

Yet.
Very nice Bill.

Sorry for the dumb questions, but....
- why have a on/off switch AND a on/off button?
- do the brakes lock when you push the button or when you hold the button in? (as in, are the front brakes locked as long as you hold the button in?)
- what are you going to do with your dimes now that you used that slot for the new plug?? :D

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very nice Bill.

Sorry for the dumb questions, but....
- why have a on/off switch AND a on/off button?
- do the brakes lock when you push the button or when you hold the button in? (as in, are the front brakes locked as long as you hold the button in?)
- what are you going to do with your dimes now that you used that slot for the new plug?? :D
I used the main switch so if I add other things they can all be controlled through one main switch, also so that when I plug the coiled switch in I don't risk it blowing the fuse each time.

As long as I HOLD the button the front brakes are locked.

I don't keep change or junk in my car. It just scratches up stuff. I use the car for fun ONLY, so I don't leave unnecessary stuff in it.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Excellent job on the install and info. You have given me some great ideas. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
I used the main switch so if I add other things they can all be controlled through one main switch, also so that when I plug the coiled switch in I don't risk it blowing the fuse each time.

As long as I HOLD the button the front brakes are locked.

I don't keep change or junk in my car. It just scratches up stuff. I use the car for fun ONLY, so I don't leave unnecessary stuff in it.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Nice install beach boy.That is the best spot to mount the solenoids in my opinion . I would never mount one in the wheel well .I'm wondering if the FRPP CAI that comes with the TVS will interfere with that mounting area though.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've been told my CAI will work w/ the TVS.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It will but I will probably use the FRPP one because it's cold air setup actually works to isolate hot engine compartment air and draw in the cooler air from the wheel well and the hood vent.
A certain person who's company is near me is working on that.:eek:

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Man, I wish we lived closer.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
A certain person who's company is near me is working on that.:eek:
Good because It is very important to me to keep the air as cool as possible.But he is a little late getting it to the market.

Yesterday 09:27 PM
BEACHSCGT500 Man, I wish we lived closer.
Yeah, we share the same concerns about these cars as well as many other things.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Everyone is late.

These cars have been on the road almost 2 years now, and hyped up for 2 years before that.

All these companies should have been on top of things a long while back.

Joe, I just saw this. I'll PM you....maybe.:D

·
Registered
221 Posts
Greetings fron sunny NV! :sunny:

Just thought I'd drop in to say :)

:thinkerg: wonder if the certain person who's company is near Beachboy will design it so that it will mate with the pressure zones designed into the KR hood too ...if it ever is made available thru FRP :pinklove:

I can't type big sentences any more -- been 'talking' with a little 27-month old cutie :ack: :) :lol: :no: :D

:simmadown: :bandit: ;-)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hey 68 thanks for bumping this. I'm getting ready to do my line lock and had questions, now I know Bill can help!

Bill are you running the line lock on both fronts or front and rear?

I was told one solenoid was enough for the front but would lock only one wheel. I feel more confortable with locking both fronts my thinking if you release the button a little late while holding at the line it would kick the car sideways. Also if you are locking both front and rear you would need two seperate switches for doing a burn out. I not sure why you would need to lock the rear anyways.
Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I believe you need two units ....one for the left front and one for the right front. You want to spin the rears while the fronts remain stopped for tire warm up at the drag strip ,or in Bill's case just about anywhere. LOL

See Bil's pics in post #1

hope this helps,

George..

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes it is for locking up the front to do a burnout to warm up the tires. Not to use at the line.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts