Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
42,719 Posts
here's one more thing, and maybe this is just me or I'm in a small minority, but I'm really particular about how the stance and tuck/poke is. before ordering my wheels, i messaged probably 20-30 owners who had aftermarket wheels for their sizes and offsets, mostly bc forged and signature wheels. i kept a document of all these specs and had lots of pictures also sent to me.

i started seeing a pattern of how signature offsets, for eg, were and also saw i didn't like how much the rears poked out (too fat, not flush). to me actually the oem cftp rears are pretty good, so i just went out a little bit but not as much as signature tends to. actually Shelby American 500 wheels are set about right for the rears (et44) imho.

now the fronts on the cftp i think look too tucked in. and just like most, i pulled them out quite a bit. but here's the other reason i went with spacers: i can control the look of the fronts by swapping out spacers, if i want them more in or out. i had a very good idea of the offsets i wanted but still didn't know exactly how it would look. and again, I'm really particular about this, so going with the spacers allows me this option, especially since once you build the wheels your can't change them.

all that said, i love the look beyond words, so happy with the look i just stare at the stance all the time and smile 😎 i wanted a clean, flush, yet a strong look. again i might be in a small minority in doing this but i have zero regrets.
Smart!

I concur on the sunken look with the front CF wheels. Adding negative camber for the track exacerbates the problem. I’m running 3/4” wheel spacers (and longer studs) up front. I do have -3.5 front camber though.

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 Shelby CFTP Painted White Stripes
285 Posts
This is a thread on my 2022 CFTP GT500 in the new grabber blue metallic. Hope you'll follow along with me. I ordered the car on 11/26/21 and received it on 7/2/22 (a total of 7 months and 1 week, or about 220 days).

Here is my GT500 delivery video from 7/2/22, what a day it was. And just for kicks, here was my GT350R delivery video from Nov 2018.

This was the first time I laid eyes on my 500 :love:...

View attachment 240227

I asked the dealer to NOT remove any protective tape or plastics whatsoever...

View attachment 240230 View attachment 240231 View attachment 240232

I also instructed the dealer to NOT wash the car, so they obliged :LOL:. Filthy is quite an understatement...

View attachment 240234

My 500 showed up with 9.9mi on the odometer...

View attachment 240239

The car also only came with "5 miles until empty" and by the time I got to the gas station, I had 1 mile remaining...

View attachment 240242

This was the 1st picture I took after the car's first wash...

View attachment 240243

A few days later, I removed the CF wheels and put on my new custom BC Forged wheels (5 weeks from order to delivered). These wheels are about as close to "replicas" of the CFTP wheels as they get and I got them in the "brushed dark black" finish which I simply love (close up pics to come later on)...

View attachment 240268

And since I'm running squared, I've got OP Mustang's 27mm spacers up front. Fantastic quality and super lightweight...

View attachment 240269

More details and pics coming soon!
Stunning, I want to trade colors with you… Congratulations

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
270 Posts
This is a thread on my 2022 CFTP GT500 in the new grabber blue metallic. Hope you'll follow along with me. I ordered the car on 11/26/21 and received it on 7/2/22 (a total of 7 months and 1 week, or about 220 days).

Here is my GT500 delivery video from 7/2/22, what a day it was. And just for kicks, here was my GT350R delivery video from Nov 2018.

This was the first time I laid eyes on my 500 :love:...

View attachment 240227

I asked the dealer to NOT remove any protective tape or plastics whatsoever...

View attachment 240230 View attachment 240231 View attachment 240232

I also instructed the dealer to NOT wash the car, so they obliged :LOL:. Filthy is quite an understatement...

View attachment 240234

My 500 showed up with 9.9mi on the odometer...

View attachment 240239

The car also only came with "5 miles until empty" and by the time I got to the gas station, I had 1 mile remaining...

View attachment 240242

This was the 1st picture I took after the car's first wash...

View attachment 240243

A few days later, I removed the CF wheels and put on my new custom BC Forged wheels (5 weeks from order to delivered). These wheels are about as close to "replicas" of the CFTP wheels as they get and I got them in the "brushed dark black" finish which I simply love (close up pics to come later on)...

View attachment 240268

And since I'm running squared, I've got OP Mustang's 27mm spacers up front. Fantastic quality and super lightweight...

View attachment 240269

More details and pics coming soon!
AWESOME SIR, your Mistress (New GT500) Looks very nice, Enjoy her sir and stay safe.

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
270 Posts
going in for PPF today, should be done by Saturday! stay tuned...
I have it Ceramic coating done first, I did that as advised by several Car Painters and my Detailing guy, here it only costs 300 to 400 bucks for high quality ceramic coating due to much cheaper labor costs. So it was a No brainer for me. I heard it costs much more in the USA so I understand if some don't do it before PPF. MY PPF cost for the whole car was less then 2000 U.S Dollars again cheaper labor. ;)

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
42,719 Posts

·
Registered
2022 GRABBER BLUE TRACK PACK
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I have it Ceramic coating done first, I did that as advised by several Car Painters and my Detailing guy, here it only costs 300 to 400 bucks for high quality ceramic coating due to much cheaper labor costs. So it was a No brainer for me. I heard it costs much more in the USA so I understand if some don't do it before PPF. MY PPF cost for the whole car was less then 2000 U.S Dollars again cheaper labor. ;)
really? i dont know a single detailer/ppf guy who recommends ceramic and then PPF, usually it's PPF first. if ceramic first it's just going to cause less adhesion for the PPF. but anyway thanks for chiming in!

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
270 Posts
really? i dont know a single detailer/ppf guy who recommends ceramic and then PPF, usually it's PPF first. if ceramic first it's just going to cause less adhesion for the PPF. but anyway thanks for chiming in!
Well my PPF sticks just fine with Coating under it. I waited a week before PPF after the coating was applied. Its pretty common practice over here, I've seen Lambos Porsches, and Other high end cars being done. Anyway good luck and enjoy your New GT500 :)

·
Super Moderator
2021 GT500 Iconic Silver
6,088 Posts
thanks and yes sir that size all around. plus lots more tire options in that size ;)
Gorgeous car!!! Congrats, man. (y)

Your square setup via spacers is giving me something to think about. Do you plan on tracking your car?

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Gorgeous car!!! Congrats, man. (y)

Your square setup via spacers is giving me something to think about. Do you plan on tracking your car?
thanks! as for tracking, i'm hoping for 1-2x per year. feel free to msg me if you wanna talk wheels and offsets and spacers and all that stuff.

·
Registered
2022 HE GT500 CFTP On Order
184 Posts
here's one more thing, and maybe this is just me or I'm in a small minority, but I'm really particular about how the stance and tuck/poke is. before ordering my wheels, i messaged probably 20-30 owners who had aftermarket wheels for their sizes and offsets, mostly bc forged and signature wheels. i kept a document of all these specs and had lots of pictures also sent to me.

i started seeing a pattern of how signature offsets, for eg, were and also saw i didn't like how much the rears poked out (too fat, not flush). to me actually the oem cftp rears are pretty good, so i just went out a little bit but not as much as signature tends to. actually Shelby American 500 wheels are set about right for the rears (et44) imho.

now the fronts on the cftp i think look too tucked in. and just like most, i pulled them out quite a bit. but here's the other reason i went with spacers: i can control the look of the fronts by swapping out spacers, if i want them more in or out. i had a very good idea of the offsets i wanted but still didn't know exactly how it would look. and again, I'm really particular about this, so going with the spacers allows me this option, especially since once you build the wheels your can't change them.

all that said, i love the look beyond words, so happy with the look i just stare at the stance all the time and smile 😎 i wanted a clean, flush, yet a strong look. again i might be in a small minority in doing this but i have zero regrets.
This is helpful perspective... don't want to end up like this! 😜

Joint Chin Shoulder Eyebrow Eyelash

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Went for a nice drive tonight and broke 100mi on the odometer :LOL: . PPF is done and feels a lot better driving around. Drove by a brand new Corvette C8.R tonight (yellow with black stripes) and he was giving the thumbs up and I returned the favor. Good vibes!

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Grille
Wheel Tire Sky Car Vehicle
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
270 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Which vendor/site did you order this from?
my buddy who also owns a 350r... hopefully it's okay with Tim that I post it...

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
so i came from a black GT350R. and if you have ever owned a black car, you know that nothing looks better than a mean and clean black car. but that clean look lasts all of 15 seconds. yup, 15 seconds.

well enter grabber blue metallic. the car had not been washed for 16 days. here is a picture of it before, during, and after. and what i learned is that there is no difference between a dirty grabber blue and a clean one :LOL: ...

BEFORE wash...
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

DURING wash...
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

AFTER wash...
Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire

41 - 60 of 66 Posts