Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
42,718 Posts
Your car is sexy... it would look SICK with black stripes!

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 Oxford White , HP , Painted Stripes
307 Posts
Just posted my BC Forged wheels video on my CFTP, see it HERE! If you want to know where I got the wheels (and at the best price around), message me.

KL-17's in brushed dark black (gloss)...

View attachment 240302

See the brushed gloss finish...

View attachment 240303

Been a bit frustrated trying to really capture the genuine/real look of the grabber blue with my phone camera and Canon DSLR but regardless here are some I took yesterday with the BC Forged wheels mounted...

View attachment 240304

View attachment 240305

View attachment 240306

View attachment 240307

Another look at the wheel finish up close. I just love the brushed gloss look. It's unbelievable in person...

View attachment 240308

This was taken near sunset so the blue looks a bit darker...

View attachment 240309

View attachment 240310

And done for the night, parked in the garage...

View attachment 240311
Looks fantastic ! awesome ride , ENJOY

·
Registered
2021 GT500
75 Posts
i do have another question, why were spacers added when the forged wheels could have been made with the proper offset to avoid the spacer? or maybe im mistaken on that part
The stock wheels have different offsets for front and rear. You cannot rotate the stock wheels due to clearances for the calipers, struts, and shocks. To allow for easy rotation, a single wheel offset is chosen and front wheel spacers are used to “fix” the caliper and strut clearance issues. This is especially needed going from 11” wide wheels to 11.5-12” wide wheels.

·
Registered
2022 GRABBER BLUE TRACK PACK
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
i do have another question, why were spacers added when the forged wheels could have been made with the proper offset to avoid the spacer? or maybe im mistaken on that part
here's one more thing, and maybe this is just me or I'm in a small minority, but I'm really particular about how the stance and tuck/poke is. before ordering my wheels, i messaged probably 20-30 owners who had aftermarket wheels for their sizes and offsets, mostly bc forged and signature wheels. i kept a document of all these specs and had lots of pictures also sent to me.

i started seeing a pattern of how signature offsets, for eg, were and also saw i didn't like how much the rears poked out (too fat, not flush). to me actually the oem cftp rears are pretty good, so i just went out a little bit but not as much as signature tends to. actually Shelby American 500 wheels are set about right for the rears (et44) imho.

now the fronts on the cftp i think look too tucked in. and just like most, i pulled them out quite a bit. but here's the other reason i went with spacers: i can control the look of the fronts by swapping out spacers, if i want them more in or out. i had a very good idea of the offsets i wanted but still didn't know exactly how it would look. and again, I'm really particular about this, so going with the spacers allows me this option, especially since once you build the wheels your can't change them.

all that said, i love the look beyond words, so happy with the look i just stare at the stance all the time and smile 😎 i wanted a clean, flush, yet a strong look. again i might be in a small minority in doing this but i have zero regrets.

21 - 40 of 66 Posts