Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
2022 GRABBER BLUE TRACK PACK
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a thread on my 2022 CFTP GT500 in the new grabber blue metallic. Hope you'll follow along with me. I ordered the car on 11/26/21 and received it on 7/2/22 (a total of 7 months and 1 week, or about 220 days).

Here is my GT500 delivery video from 7/2/22, what a day it was. And just for kicks, here was my GT350R delivery video from Nov 2018.

This was the first time I laid eyes on my 500 :love:...

Tire Plant Wheel Car Vehicle

I asked the dealer to NOT remove any protective tape or plastics whatsoever...

Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Car Grille Automotive lighting
Vehicle Car Window Motor vehicle Hood
Car Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

I also instructed the dealer to NOT wash the car, so they obliged :LOL:. Filthy is quite an understatement...

Water Water resources Hood Automotive tire Azure

My 500 showed up with 9.9mi on the odometer...

Automotive lighting Vehicle Personal luxury car Motor vehicle Gas

The car also only came with "5 miles until empty" and by the time I got to the gas station, I had 1 mile remaining...

Vehicle Car Personal luxury car Font Auto part

This was the 1st picture I took after the car's first wash...

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Grille

A few days later, I removed the CF wheels and put on my new custom BC Forged wheels (5 weeks from order to delivered). These wheels are about as close to "replicas" of the CFTP wheels as they get and I got them in the "brushed dark black" finish which I simply love (close up pics to come later on)...

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

And since I'm running squared, I've got OP Mustang's 27mm spacers up front. Fantastic quality and super lightweight...

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Alloy wheel Automotive lighting Rim

More details and pics coming soon!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
43,024 Posts
Simply stunning! Congrats lightrules!

·
Registered
2021 GT500
80 Posts
This is a thread on my 2022 CFTP GT500 in the new grabber blue metallic. Hope you'll follow along with me. I ordered the car on 11/26/21 and received it on 7/2/22 (a total of 7 months and 1 week, or about 220 days).

Here is my GT500 delivery video from 7/2/22, what a day it was. And just for kicks, here was my GT350R delivery video from Nov 2018.

View attachment 240227

View attachment 240230 View attachment 240231 View attachment 240232

I also instructed the dealer to NOT wash the car, so they obliged :LOL:. Filthy is quite an understatement...

View attachment 240234

View attachment 240239

The car also only came with "5 miles until empty" and by the time I got to the gas station, I had 1 mile remaining...

View attachment 240242

View attachment 240243

A few days later, I removed the CF wheels and put on my new custom BC Forged wheels (5 weeks from order to delivered). These wheels are about as close to "replicas" of the CFTP wheels as they get and I got them in the "brushed dark black" finish which I simply love (close up pics to come later on)...

View attachment 240268

And since I'm running squared, I've got OP Mustang's 27mm spacers up front. Fantastic quality and super lightweight...

View attachment 240269

What wheel offset are you running?

·
Registered
2022 on order. Grabber Blue. White vinyl. Black roof. Handling package. Non CFTP. VIN 1619
46 Posts

View attachment 240227

View attachment 240230 View attachment 240231 View attachment 240232

View attachment 240234

View attachment 240239

View attachment 240242

View attachment 240243

View attachment 240268

View attachment 240269

Wow!!! Glad to see you in the forum bc I've been watching your videos on a loop. I'm also starting a channel to document my new gt500 journey. Thanks for the inspiration and congratulations!

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Gorgeous color!! Congrats on the new ride.

Just curious, why are you not running the carbon fiber stock rims? They look amazing against that blue.
Thanks man. As for switching out my CF wheels, here is the main reason.

Wow!!! Glad to see you in the forum bc I've been watching your videos on a loop. I'm also starting a channel to document my new gt500 journey. Thanks for the inspiration and congratulations!
Awesome! You are gonna be blown away. Pictures and videos CANNOT accurately capture the look and color of the grabber blue metallic. Keep us posted!

What spacers did you go with? Can wait to see pics.
OP Mustang 27"

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Just posted my BC Forged wheels video on my CFTP, see it HERE! If you want to know where I got the wheels (and at the best price around), message me.

KL-17's in brushed dark black (gloss)...

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

See the brushed gloss finish...

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

Been a bit frustrated trying to really capture the genuine/real look of the grabber blue with my phone camera and Canon DSLR but regardless here are some I took yesterday with the BC Forged wheels mounted...

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Sky

Tire Wheel Sky Land vehicle Car

Wheel Tire Vehicle Sky Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Another look at the wheel finish up close. I just love the brushed gloss look. It's unbelievable in person...

Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Tread

This was taken near sunset so the blue looks a bit darker...

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

And done for the night, parked in the garage...

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

·
Registered
741 Posts
Just posted my BC Forged wheels video on my CFTP, see it HERE! If you want to know where I got the wheels (and at the best price around), message me.

View attachment 240302

View attachment 240303

Been a bit frustrated trying to really capture the genuine/real look of the grabber blue with my phone camera and Canon DSLR but regardless here are some I took yesterday with the BC Forged wheels mounted...

View attachment 240304

View attachment 240305

View attachment 240306

View attachment 240307

Another look at the wheel finish up close. I just love the brushed gloss look. It's unbelievable in person...

View attachment 240308

View attachment 240309

View attachment 240310

View attachment 240311
Following this thread for sure.....looks great. One of the main reasons I wanted a CFTP was specifically for those wheels. But too many other factors overruled. Maybe someday I'll have a chance to pick up a set someone doesn't want but would need to be more economical (doubtful). Your replacement wheels look great. I'm curious though, are you putting the CF away for investment value, too much risk for damage, or something else? If I had them, it would take a LOT to make me take them off. They just look so sexy.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Following this thread for sure.....looks great. One of the main reasons I wanted a CFTP was specifically for those wheels. But too many other factors overruled. Maybe someday I'll have a chance to pick up a set someone doesn't want but would need to be more economical (doubtful). Your replacement wheels look great. I'm curious though, are you putting the CF away for investment value, too much risk for damage, or something else? If I had them, it would take a LOT to make me take them off. They just look so sexy.
Sam, see post #10 above. Thanks for following along too!

·
Registered
741 Posts
Sam, see post #10 above. Thanks for following along too!
Yeah I saw his videos before. He & Shmee were the only two so far that I’ve seen bust the CF wheels. I’m sure other have also. Also pretty sure that if they had the standard wheels, the outcome would be the same albeit the cost differential. It sucks that the cost essentially prompts many to do same as you. That being said, your replacements are killer & doubling up can make tire swapping for track days easy.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have the Shelby version of the KL-17’s, they are look really nice and pretty lite. Your car looks beautiful
yeah bc forged made them for SA and it's essentially the KL-17 as you said. i really wanted that brushed dark black finish as well as slightly different offsets, so i custom ordered it. thanks for the comments!

·
Registered
2010 SHELBY GT500- 2006 Mustang GT triple black-5 speed
201 Posts

View attachment 240302

View attachment 240303

View attachment 240304

View attachment 240305

View attachment 240306

View attachment 240307

View attachment 240308

View attachment 240309

View attachment 240310

View attachment 240311
I would just like to say that your car looks the BALLS

1 - 20 of 80 Posts