Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed today that the left rear tire of my car is more exposed than the right. It just sticks out of the rear wheel a little more than the right side. Is this something that is normal with these cars? Is it something I should be worried about? I'm interested if anybody has an opinion on this or has experienced this before.
Thanx,
Joecarlo(aka ocdsvt):)

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
I noticed today that the left rear tire of my car is more exposed than the right. It just sticks out of the rear wheel a little more than the right side. Is this something that is normal with these cars? Is it something I should be worried about? I'm interested if anybody has an opinion on this or has experienced this before.
Thanx,
Joe,
Haven't noticed that on mine yet, but here is a link to a pretty good discussion on that.
http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3576&highlight=off+center

Good Luck!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Has your car been lowered? Adjustable Panhard will do the trick.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
It's the nature of the panhard bar suspension - the axle will move along an arc relative to the chassis as the suspension travels up and down. You can center the axle at a static (fixed) ride height using an adjustable panhard bar, but it will still move along an arc. Therefore the axle will no longer be centered if you change fuel level, add passengers etc.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanx,
Dude, you just made my day. I have the same problem, the driver side tire sticks out ever so slightly more than the passenger. I thought my car was bumped at the factory or something. I wouldnt of even noticed but i just purchased and installed shelby 20 wheels for the car so i was really checking out that area. Whew, so it is common i guess.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts