Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past 6 months I've been having pain in my upper left arm and my left knee area. I've done nothing physical that I can think of that would cause this. Since these problems are on my left side, I'm thinking that it might be possible that my left upper arm condition might be caused from steering with my left arm (right hand is almost always on the shifter), and that my left knee area might be caused by the clutch.

Has anyone else noticed anything like this? My car is a daily driver.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I don't have any pain problems, but I don't always have my hand on the shifter either. Most of the time I drive with both hands on the wheel.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Your problem are caused from driving that piece of crap car you have.
Solution:
Park it in my garage beside my piece of crap car,I will alternate the usage of them.
I will suffer all the pain.You make payments and live a painless happy life.

Serious:
I have a bad knee and hip (left side) and have no problem with my car being a daily driver.
I usually keep one hand on the wheel and mostly my other stays on my honey.
I do find the steering wheel position a little odd on these cars,can't decide what it is about them,same with my 07 GT as the 07 GT500.No mater what position the steering wheel is in,I can't get comfortable with it.
Maybe I should park my piece of crap car in someone els's garage...............NOT!
Don

·
Registered
869 Posts
how long does it take to start hurting? I had that problem a while ago before i had my 500. I quit driving with my wallet in my back pocket and the pain stopped. since then I removed all th junk out of my wallet and now i can drive with it in my pocket but I still remove it for long trips no matter what I am driving.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Actually, my left knee pain and my right shoulder pain has subsided since I got my Shelby.
Must be all that clutch and shifter therapy!

·
Registered
867 Posts
Just a heads up. Keeping your wallet in your back pocket, Costanza or not, will **** up your back. Think spinal alignment. My father's chiropractor opened my eyes. He took his wallet and placed it underneath the skeleton and the entire spinal column twisted and contorted. Years of this will cause much undue pain.

·
Premium Member
2008 Vapor/Black Coupe
1,957 Posts
Who started the back pocket thing anyway? I never saw any advantage to it. Easier to steal, can't sit down...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't keep a wallet in my back pocket and I've never had the problem before I got the 500. I moved my seat forward thinking that maybe I'm over extending my left leg just a bit every time I use the clutch. I just started doing this, so it may take a while to see if it makes a difference.

On the left upper arm, I'm thinking it might be the steering, as the steering wheel on these cars don't seem to turn as easily as on anything else I've driven.:boohoo:

·
Registered
71 Posts
I think ODGreen nailed it.

In a past standard car my left shoulder would start to kill me.. I too drive with my left hand on the wheel and the right have on the shift leaver.

I finally moved the seat closer to the wheel and it went away. In this car I drive the same way, with the seat closer to the wheel. As much as I would like to lean further back while driving, I know my shoulder will start hurting even after a short ride.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Well OD you should get well real soon. We all got our med degree from SHELBY U . We just can't be wrong.:zlurking:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Do what I do...

Wallet in left rear pocket.

This in the right rear pocket.

Now you are perfectly balanced, and if your main gun is not accessible, you have a great backup!

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
I put an automatic in mine. Problem solved. No more churning butter.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts