Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I bought my Shelby from a good buddy of mine who blew the engine and let it sit in his garage for 6 years before I bought it. He never touched the car after that. So naturally my leather is dry, not cracked luckily. What is the best product to use on it? Thanks

Attachments

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
30,360 Posts
Yes, what Mike said. There are many good leather conditioners. I use Pinnacle Black Label cleaner, condition and protectant. Just get the leather parts good and coated with conditioner... apply with a sponge and let sit for awhile. Buff off when done.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
30,360 Posts
I’ll add my process:

Apply cleaner with damp (water moistened) rag. Also spray cleaner on horse hair brush and work the leather grain.

Wipe with clean damp rag.

Apply conditioner with sponge. Let sit for awhile then wipe with dry rag.

Apply protectant with sponge. Optional: buff with dry rag.

·
Registered
2014 GT500 DIB/Satin Black TP/PP
118 Posts
TriNova has a great product. Get the cleaner and the conditioner/restorer. Follow the directions on them and the leather will be like new again. Leather cant just be cleaned aggressively and have conditioner wiped on. It needs to be cleaned carefully and the conditioner needs to be massaged in lovingly. I know it sounds weird, but think about it. It used to be on something alive, so if you care for it as such, it'll look it's best.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts