Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It rain pretty hard in NY over the weekend, I did not have my ride in the garage, I went to start her up last night and noticed a musty smell, I could not belive it, but my back passenger floor was wet. Anyone have the same issue???? Please help, I know I could bring it back to the dealer, I but WTF , I hate seeing my car in the shop. :flame:

·
Registered
861 Posts
check the trunk seal.

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
No, mine is air/water tight. My 02 vette uesd to leak when I washed it, the GT is light years better.

·
Registered
298 Posts
that's something that should not happen on a new car. Please let us know what/where the problem was (is) when you get it fixed. thanks.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I've washed my top with a pressure washer at the self wash and not had a drop of water get in. Somethin does not seem right with this - good luck with figuring it out - I hope you do.

·
Registered
240 Posts
No leaks on this vert either and I have driven in some torrential rain. I would suspect a leak in the window seal or a window that was not up all the way. I doubt that a trunk seal would show up in the rear floorboards since there is a rise in the floorboard above the rear wheel well (it would most likely show up in the spare tire depression). Take it out and douse it with a hose good and look for leaks. I would check all around the back of the top where it joins with the body and check the seals on the door to see if there is any area where it is not sealed good.

Let us know what you find out.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The car is going into the shop this Friday, I will post results... thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
2008 Red Super Snake, 2019 Mustang GT
465 Posts
Good luck.

I have a leak in my coupe somewhere on the driver door.

Everytime I wash it, there is water on the SVT plate on the drivers side. Passenger side is dry as a bone.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Good luck.

I have a leak in my coupe somewhere on the driver door.

Everytime I wash it, there is water on the SVT plate on the drivers side. Passenger side is dry as a bone.
Check to see if you have water leaking through the bottom of your door. Run water across the top by the glass for awhile and then open the door and see if you can see where it is coming out. Don't wash it. Just let the water flow over the door. This should tell you if there is a leak and not just water spashing up due to spray through the crack between the rocker and door.

PS - You did not tint your windows or did anything else that required you to remove any of the door trim like the rubber along the glass did you?

·
Registered
465 Posts
Check to see if you have water leaking through the bottom of your door. Run water across the top by the glass for awhile and then open the door and see if you can see where it is coming out. Don't wash it. Just let the water flow over the door. This should tell you if there is a leak and not just water spashing up due to spray through the crack between the rocker and door.

PS - You did not tint your windows or did anything else that required you to remove any of the door trim like the rubber along the glass did you?
I'll try that. It's just kind of wierd that it's only the driver side and not both if it was splashing somewhere.

I did tint the windows but it has done it since the day I bought it. they didn't have to remove any trim to do the tint. I watched them and they did a really good job on the tint.

I'll wash it this weekend and check. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
465 Posts
My early 07 is tighter than a hookers dream...no leaks here.

Please let us know what you find!

Well I washed it Friday and found water leaking past both door seals. When I opened the doors to wipe down the door frame area there was water on the driver side sill plate and really close to the passenger one. This area is way past the door seals. I guess it's going into the shop again.:flame:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts