Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
29,686 Posts
Thanks for the add! I am Changing out my differential fluid on 13 GT500.. It is wet around the oil cooler fittings so it seems to be seeping fluid out there. Any thoughts on how to fix this?
First off, welcome to the forum!

I haven’t swapped diff fluid before, so hopefully someone will chime in with help. Question though... what prompted you to change fluid?

You’ll find our new member area here:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, kind sir!

I am changing the fluid because I just got done with the 500 break in on my new gears. Noticed this leak around the fittings but didn’t know if it’s normal

·
Registered
6,844 Posts
I'm not familiar with Ford's set up. Just looking at the fittings, I'm guessing an o-ring is involved. I think I would start there with new o-rings.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not familiar with Ford's set up. Just looking at the fittings, I'm guessing an o-ring is involved. I think I would start there with new o-rings.
Thank you! Do you know the part # by chance? I couldn’t find it

·
Registered
6,844 Posts
No, but you could take it to Ford and see if they can match it up. If you have a means to measure the o-ring, there's no shortage of o-rings on McMaster Carr, but you need to be a little familiar with how to properly size them. Many auto parts suppliers have a large selection of o-rings that may be able to match them up, but I find knowledgeable parts guys (as opposed to kids on computers) few and far between. Same applies to Ford's part's guys.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
29,686 Posts
Thank you! Do you know the part # by chance? I couldn’t find it
John (catmonkey) has good advice above. If you can’t figure out what O-ring is needed, I’d call AutoNation Ford in White Bear Lake MN. They are my “go-to” for parts. Not only are they the cheapest, but their guys know their shiz. They will find what you need.

·
Registered
6,844 Posts
The problem with a lot of Ford's parts is that o-rings don't come separate, but they are service parts that are carried, but not necessarily easy to find in the part's books. A savvy parts guy can do it. If someone tells you that the o-ring only comes with the line, he's not that guy.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
I would clean it off with carb cleaner or ?
then see if its leaking after you replace oil, maybe spillage from the gear swap, also look at the plugs, if NO rubber ring they may use thread sealer, that is what I have used in the past.

Colin

1 - 10 of 10 Posts