Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
a little more suspense to add to the story, ;) quote "An Even Nastier Version Of The 2008 Shelby GT500KR Coming?

(Dearborn, Michigan) The big news out of Dearborn and Las Vegas today was that, after a forty-year absence, the Shelby GT500KR will return as a 2008 model. The new "King of the Road" will feature a 5.4L engine producing an estimated 540 horses. While that's an increase of 40 horsepower over the 2007 GT500, that 540 figure is only an estimated number. You can definitely look forward to that number going further north.

The 2008 Shelby GT500KR also features more performance upgrade enhancements, which you learn about here.

While Shelby, Mustang and Ford enthusiasts are in a euphoric state over the new GT500KR, Las Vegas is being cautious over the upcoming Camaro, Challenger and Corvette SS, which are all in the works. As Carroll Shelby recently said, "Everybody's trying to catch up" to the 2007 GT500.

But, Shelby & Co. are not known for resting on their laurels - the Las Vegas Company has fire in their eyes and their holding a serious trump card. And what can be more dangerous than a Texan living in Las Vegas holding a trump card? Nothing.

According to sources, we've learned that Shelby is working on, yes, an ever-nastier version of the 2007 GT500 / 2008 GT500KR. The yet to be named GT500xx variant will feature a twin screw blower that will pack a punch as powerful as Shelby's Texas Chili. In fact, a 600+ horsepower GT500xx might be an under statement. Now that's a spicy bowl of chili.
Unlike the P.C. world of impossible upgrades though, Shelby has not forgotten about their 2007 Shelby GT500 owners. If you like the idea of an Extreme-GT500, than add the following ingredients: One 2007 GT500, one 2008 GT500KR and one 40th Anniversary GT500.

Like a good book that keeps you hanging. . .

Additional reporting by Sharon Elliott "

·
Registered
933 Posts
That's what I wanted to hear!

I had already contacted my dealer a couple of weeks ago when the initial word on the KR was mentioned (I can't remember if you were the member that mentioned it or not - if yes, then thanks, if no, then thanks to whomever mentioned it - I'll have to look at the 'New for 2008' post) and asked my dealer to place me at #1 on his list. I already have a deposit for the 2008 GT500, so I asked him to apply the deposit towards a GT500KR instead.

I'm just hoping that a few of these will be shipped to Canada and I'll be able to get one, else I'll stick with the 2008 GT500, but I can only hope.

I realize that our dealers won't have a clue yet, but wanted to make sure that I was his first contact for the GT500KR.

We'll see what my dealer comes back with for an answer (in the next 3 to 6 months no doubt).

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
You got it brother! I actually been working on my dealer for over 6 months,preparing for this,when I first found out. Hopefully msrp as promised,...we'll see.;)[/QUOTE

Man that would be great for you!

·
Registered
154 Posts
You got it brother! I actually been working on my dealer for over 6 months,preparing for this,when I first found out. Hopefully msrp as promised,...we'll see.;)
Without an "in", with this being Shelby's last and greatest at only 1000 units you'll be looking at $100K+ (incl ADM). :(

Without an "in", forget about it...

·
Registered
150 Posts
Without an "in", with this being Shelby's last and greatest at only 1000 units you'll be looking at $100K+ (incl ADM). :(

Without an "in", forget about it...
Around 4000 Ford dealers in the U.S.
1000 Shelby GT500KR planned... brother, that is some painful math.:(

Venomsnake, get something in writing which designates you for the first allocation if they get one... you never know, your dealer may get that lottery pick!
I'd love to add the KR to my garage too, but for now I'll settle for the thrill of picking up my plain ol' GT500 next week, that ought to tide me over for about a decade..... maybe a KR for my 50th b-day:cool: ....

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Around 4000 Ford dealers in the U.S.
1000 Shelby GT500KR planned... brother, that is some painful math.:(

Venomsnake, get something in writing which designates you for the first allocation if they get one... you never know, your dealer may get that lottery pick!
I'd love to add the KR to my garage too, but for now I'll settle for the thrill of picking up my plain ol' GT500 next week, that ought to tide me over for about a decade..... maybe a KR for my 50th b-day:cool: ....
Good Thought,..thank you brother. I've been known to overly trust people resulting in my own shagrin.:eek:

·
Registered
933 Posts
VenomSnake,

From what I've just read about the 4,000 or so Ford dealers in the U.S., the chances of the KRs making their way north of the border are probably very slim.

Hopefully, Ford will allocate 1 per Canadian SVT dealer and that would equate to at least 27 making the trip north.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that we get at least a few.

Again, thanks for the info on the KR.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
I'll keep my 2007 and work on that Ford GT. Probably will work out to the same $.;)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
VenomSnake,

From what I've just read about the 4,000 or so Ford dealers in the U.S., the chances of the KRs making their way north of the border are probably very slim.

Hopefully, Ford will allocate 1 per Canadian SVT dealer and that would equate to at least 27 making the trip north.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that we get at least a few.

Again, thanks for the info on the KR.
your welcome brother. Lets just hope before its all said and done, there will be a bigger allocation extending and including our canadian brothers.;)

·
Registered
150 Posts
....07-this isn't vapor silver is it? GT500....GT500KR...duzn't matter-there isn't a bad color for this car!
Love the classic staggered/centered S H E L B Y on the decklid... i figured they were holding that back from us for a good reason...:(

I could be wrong, but the KR rear ride-height looks better = lower :confused:
....picking mine up this weekend :D :D :D

New York Auto show:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Sweeeeeeet, gotta love it....shoyoright....

·
Registered
2,466 Posts

·
Registered
2,466 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
....07-this isn't vapor silver is it? GT500....GT500KR...duzn't matter-there isn't a bad color for this car!
Love the classic staggered/centered S H E L B Y on the decklid... i figured they were holding that back from us for a good reason...:(

I could be wrong, but the KR rear ride-height looks better = lower :confused:
....picking mine up this weekend :D :D :D

New York Auto show:

I am not sure what shade of silver this is but Vapor has more green in it.

·
Registered
933 Posts
That is just the sweetest looking car out there.

I've got to get me one of those! Well...at least I'll try!

·
Registered
127 Posts
That is just the sweetest looking car out there.

I've got to get me one of those! Well...at least I'll try!
I agree Arbour......That would look really nice siiting at my house.

Thanks for the pics and videos, guys.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts