Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm waiting for the larger sized bowl for the oil sep .

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z234/svtbird91/Engine%20
Mods/Coilcover2.jpg

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Good work! Did you have fun putting that 1/2" hose on the PCV quick-disconnects? It was a PITA for me.

Also did you fabricate the bracket for the Watts filter?

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Good work! Did you have fun putting that 1/2" hose on the PCV quick-disconnects? It was a PITA for me.

Also did you fabricate the bracket for the Watts filter?
A little oil on the end and it went with just a little effort ,OK extra effort. LOL

The bracket came with it.

A larger bowl will be a must on this along with frequent monitoring ( hopefully available soon).

·
Registered
301 Posts
A little oil on the end and it went with just a little effort ,OK extra effort. LOL

A larger bowl will be a must on this along with frequent monitoring ( hopefully available soon).
Svtbird91,

Is that a Watts unit ? Looks like the one I am wanting to use. You may have helped me out here. Is that the 1 ounce unit ?

Thanks ILLEGAL

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Looks very nice.The coil covers look good too.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Looks very nice.The coil covers look good too.
+1!!

Did you do the coil covers like Badboy did it?

Also, I know there's been some "conversations" about how the catch cans DO work, but only for a little bit, then once it reaches a certain amount the can won't catch any more. I believe Jay said this a while ago.

Are you going to be watching this? As in - see how fast it takes to get to a certain level - then watch to see if it levels off and doesn't work past that level.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
+1!!

Did you do the coil covers like Badboy did it?

Also, I know there's been some "conversations" about how the catch cans DO work, but only for a little bit, then once it reaches a certain amount the can won't catch any more. I believe Jay said this a while ago.

Are you going to be watching this? As in - see how fast it takes to get to a certain level - then watch to see if it levels off and doesn't work past that level.

Thanks!
Yes on the coil covers. Thanks!

As long as the seperator can handle the rate of flow through it there should be no problem but I will have to monitor the volume that is acumulated so it doesn't fill up. This is especially important since there is no bypass.This is why I want to get the larger container.

Time will tell.....I will be watching this closely.

George.....

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Yes on the coil covers. Thanks!

As long as the seperator can handle the rate of flow through it there should be no problem but I will have to monitor the volume that is acumulated so it doesn't fill up. This is especially important since there is no bypass.This is why I want to get the larger container.

Time will tell.....I will be watching this closely.

George.....
Great, thanks George.

·
Registered
300 Posts
So far mine has collected about 1/2 teaspoon in 300 or so miles.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts

I used some oil on the ends too. I also used a hair dryer to heat up the hose ends to make it more pliable.

You'll like the high capacity bowl - real nice billet aluminum piece - another item to paint blue :) .

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Are 1/2" hoses used w/ this?

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Thanks again for all the help.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
1 - 20 of 107 Posts