1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
97 Posts
We just need someone to shoot over there to check it out for quality.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Its a bargain at that price.
The hood fits reasonably well with an acceptable fender gap.
The hood scoop grilles front and rear look crappy and should be removed, changed or at least trimmed up to fit better.
The back edge of the hood needs reworked if you want it to look real good but is passable on a non-show car.
If you plan on painting it then you may as well buy the fiberglass and save a few bucks.
If you like the carbon fiber look then the finish is not bad and the fiber appearance under the clear resin hides alot of imperfections.
Underhood is nothing fancy and it is painted semi-gloss black.
This is not a ram-air hood so if you are looking for that then look elsewhere or be prepaired to design your own system to fit the hood.
I am running the WMS hidden hood pins so I don't have to put holes through the hood.

AGV Racing in Gaithersberg MD has the hoods.
You can contact them at: [email protected] or 301-633-2096 ask for Jack.

I hope this info helps.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Can you post up some pics?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry for the slow response.

Here are a couple more pics.

It is a PIA resizing these pictures to upload them.

Attachments

·
Registered
658 Posts
:badrazz:kinda hard to look at

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you don't like the carbon fiber appearance you can always paint it. I will paint it eventually and add the stripes but for now I can live with the "Ricer" look as I don't have the time to paint it and I do all my own work as I don't trust anyone else. This hood is taller than the actual KR Ford hood so a bigger blower will fit as well. Have a good day.

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
This hood is taller than the actual KR Ford hood so a bigger blower will fit as well.
That is the part that I am not fond of. Some like the drastic raise to the hood, and others do not. I am of the latter.

It's not likely to ever happen but if a Supersnake or KR hood does become available, I intend to have my name on that list!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I must admit that it is taller on the car than I anticipated. My wife is only 5ft tall and struggles to see over it. I can see with no problem but I am 6ft tall.

·
Registered
212 Posts
GT500-07 - It looks like the KR hood because that's what they're using in their pic's. From what I've read online it appears that this company sells cheap knock-off's from China and will not stand behind their products. My guess is that what they really sell is a TruFiber or Cervini's knock-off, but since they don't show you what they really sell I don't know. I'd say don't buy from them, but do some searching and reading on what others say about RaceOnUsa so you can make a more informed decision.

I went with TruFiber.

HTH - Saleen 89-215

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
That is the part that I am not fond of. Some like the drastic raise to the hood, and others do not. I am of the latter.

It's not likely to ever happen but if a Supersnake or KR hood does become available, I intend to have my name on that list!
Not sure how well these are put together, but they look good on the web site.

Venom Ram Air Hood (GT500)
http://www.trufiber.com/p-95-venom-ram-air-hood-gt500.aspx

Venom Ram Air Hood (GT500) w/ Recess
http://www.trufiber.com/p-99-venom-ram-air-hood-gt500-w-recess.aspx

1 - 14 of 14 Posts