Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Are these still available If I remember reading somewhere Amy Of TS was getting upset on how Non KR owners were being aloud to purchase KR parts? I am just curious, would these work on a Regular Mustang GT S197.

anyone know what the part # is for FRPP.

·
Registered
211 Posts
The "KR" mufflers are also referred to as FR500S mufflers. The part # is M-5230-S and can be bought just about anywhere now. Received and installed mine yesterday. :)

·
Registered
211 Posts
I believe they can. I don't know what the mid-pipe exhaust size is on a GT vs GT500. That would be the only difference. I thought I've read of others putting these on GT's.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe they can. I don't know what the mid-pipe exhaust size is on a GT vs GT500. That would be the only difference. I thought I've read of others putting these on GT's.
good to hear, I may look into these If I get a s197 Gt if not, Ill probably go with Borla Stingers and Bassani X-pipe, If I get a Terminator. although I kinda like SLP they are very raspy.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Are these still available If I remember reading somewhere Amy Of TS was getting upset on how Non KR owners were being aloud to purchase KR parts? I am just curious, would these work on a Regular Mustang GT S197.

anyone know what the part # is for FRPP.
You mean these?

·
Registered
1,132 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Are these for just sound...or do they help out with HP/Performance? I understand the stock GT500 system flows pretty damn good. Anything above 600-650HP the stock cats become restricting. SO...are these just for sound or for HP gain.

OSHELBYO

·
Premium Member
2008 Vapor/Black Coupe
1,951 Posts
I can't imagine seeing much of a gain out of them, but they do sound a lot better since the car stock is virtually silent.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Anyone know the diameter piping? The tips are 3.5in but what size are the pipes going to the mufflers?

·
Premium Member
1,889 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts