Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read on another forum where a GT500 owner had his trans fixed with some kind of kit Ford had just released. Unfortunately, he didn't get any details at all on the fix. Anyone hear of any recent news on the trans fix other than the illusive TSB which apparently is still in the works?

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Read on another forum where a GT500 owner had his trans fixed with some kind of kit Ford had just released. Unfortunately, he didn't get any details at all on the fix. Anyone hear of any recent news on the trans fix other than the illusive TSB which apparently is still in the works?
Thit is probably a tube of lube.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
There is no Ford "Fix it Kit" out there.

The TSB has not been released.

Repairs to date involve Replacement of the Trans, flywhheel, Clutch and using the teflon lube on the splines.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
I still have no problem I must be one of the lucky few I would like a new clutch but since I still don't seem to have a problem I'll have to wait until mine wears out. Talk about the good news bad news.Good news you don't have a problem. Bad news you don't get a new clutch and transmission for free.
Art

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I still have no problem I must be one of the lucky few
Art
Art, I think it's the opposite....I've only heard of maybe 10-20 of these jobs out of the hundreds of owners on the various forums I frequent....so I'd say THEY are in the UNLUCKY few.

No problems here YET either.

Dave

·
Registered
658 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
A Pepsi it is then! :facelick:

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm not going to mention any names but I know of one person that has had some really big issues with their car...on a 2 trans I think and now a 3rd clutch/flywheel. I don't know for sure but the rumor I heard was there is a fix on the way which includes forged materials to better handle the heat created and there would be a TSB comong....I doubt a recall and I don't know how they will handle it for some one like Dave that has a lot of miles and mods but they seem to be admitting to a known problem.

& the person I know of mentioned above had under 3K miles on the car too. It wasn't pretty but so far he has been taken care of by Ford.

·
Registered
658 Posts
This is a post I read from "the other site"
So while I'm checking the car into service, my service writer tells me that the FoMoCo warranty hotline has suspended their approvals for the complete replacement of the clutch and transmission assembly for the time being, and that the reason the TSB has not been released yet is because FoMoCo is currently inspecting/examining the fried clutches and transmissions that have already been replaced and sent to them, and that they are currently re-engineering certain components to get this issue resolved once and for all.
So my question is, if you have a related issue that renders your car inoperative, Ford's attitude is "park it" and we will get back to you?
Under the terms of the warranty, shouldn't they provide you a car to drive until a resolution is reached?

joe

·
Registered
658 Posts
My reason for linking you to that thread was to look at the little change on the TUET8175 input shaft.
I appreciate your pointing that Rob. I did look at the pictures and video and I started at #244 like you suggested, but after reading all that, I had a question.
Sorry if that was a problem.

·
Premium Member
613 Posts

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I appreciate your pointing that Rob. I did look at the pictures and video and I started at #244 like you suggested, but after reading all that, I had a question.
Sorry if that was a problem.
It's no problem at all. I just wanted to make sure you did not miss it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Dave, on the lighter side, my dealer gave me the lube before I even picked her up. She is two years old today and I'm in awe of the car, FRPP suspension and Stage 1 TVS = amazing machine. Just tuned 3,900 miles today.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Under the terms of the warranty, shouldn't they provide you a car to drive until a resolution is reached?

joe

With all the F150's & Expeditions sitting unsold on lots, I'm sure you'll get one of those beasts instead of another Mustang. :info-smilie:

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
I know most of you don't go to TS, but If you find time to read post #244 and down, it might give you some insight. I know it's not permitted here to link to TS....but I am going to do it anyways. Sorry Fred.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12946&hl=

Grabber Out.

I am not sure why you say most don't go to TS.I think most people here visit both sites.:simmadown: I never said you couldn't link to TS.I have done it myself several times.As a matter of fact so have you Rob:lookaround:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts