Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2012 SVTPP with a heavy dose of 2013 components
7,832 Posts
Ok, I read every comment and I see more people for the KC than against it and from the different comments his was not installed correctly nor did he have enough available coolant to keep his IAT's low enough at WOT.

While we're at it let's compare August temps to August temps, not August to February. Let's see how this triple pass HE does in the middle of a summer like when he ran his KC. He already said after he made his run with the new HE that his IAT's were 118° and this was in the middle of winter. Hell my cah pulls like a freight train in the middle of winter and I only have an Afco double pass HE sans fans.

In any case I have KC and will get it installed at some point and see for myself how it works. The only thing I will have to do before this is to install some gauges other than factory because this is all I have at the moment.
You don't think he knows how the KC works in February? Colder weather should have no effect on the KC because there's no heat exchanger. Your money, your choice. I'll wait on your unbiased review next summer.

·
Registered
2009 Shelby GT500 Vista Blue/White Stripes
671 Posts
You don't think he knows how the KC works in February? Colder weather should have no effect on the KC because there's no heat exchanger. Your money, your choice. I'll wait on your unbiased review next summer.
Sure I think he knows, but he never mentioned it. He was talking about doing pulls from 60-160 in 90° weather with the KC. He never mentioned doing any pulls in 30° or 40° weather with the KC so we don't really know how his IAT's reacted in those conditions. He did however do his only pull with the HE in much cooler weather, in fact one viewer mentioned 27° and he still hit 118°. Had he done a pull with the HE in 90° temps I'm sure the outcome would have been much different.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

Here is a video of it being test on the drag strip (WOT) . When properly installed with the HX

21 - 23 of 23 Posts