Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys. I was just wondering, has anyone did a comparative analysis of the vast differences between the Kenne Bell Twin Screw and Whipple Twin Screw Superchargers (i.e. price, performance, proven gains, best combo for both superchargers, etc....).

Basically, if you had the funds to throw at the project, which Supercharger Setup would you go with?

Thanks

flipmo

·
Registered
485 Posts
Flipmo,

If I do recall correctly, there was 1 member that went with the Kenne Bell. Grabber Orange with White stripes. There was a video clip with him doing a 'drive by' after the install and it was very impressive. It's somewhere on one of these threads. I just can't recall which one. I'll look for it and if I find it, I'll take the thread out of its dormant stage (by replying to it) so you can take a look.

There was some conversation about the Whipple as well and I think I remember someone saying that under its current setup that it would not fit under the existing GT500 hood layout, but again, I'm not sure.

:)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Flipmo,

If I do recall correctly, there was 1 member that went with the Kenne Bell. Grabber Orange with White stripes. There was a video clip with him doing a 'drive by' after the install and it was very impressive. It's somewhere on one of these threads. I just can't recall which one. I'll look for it and if I find it, I'll take the thread out of its dormant stage (by replying to it) so you can take a look.

There was some conversation about the Whipple as well and I think I remember someone saying that under its current setup that it would not fit under the existing GT500 hood layout, but again, I'm not sure.

:)
Thanks Arbour88 for the info. O.K., I just thought that maybe more people had made the swaps already. These cars are technically still new on the market, and I guess we haven't had the true need to increase the power of a car that's already making near 500 horsepower. With just a few bolt ons easily pushes these cars toward the 600 horsepower range.

Thanks Again

flipmo

·
Registered
15 Posts
Go to the stangsunleashed forum, there is a discussion on that very subject. Someone there has just installed the whipple and it fit under the stock hood. looks very cool.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts